Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chess in Puna
In case there are any interested chess players, I have recently noticed 2 items of interest:

1.the Pahoa Museum has a chess club Tuesdays from 3:00 to closing, and
2.there is a shop at the Keaau Market signing people up for a tournament. Sorry I don't know the name of the shop, but if you walk in the market from the parkijng spaces, it's at the end on the right side. There will be a chess set and notice outside the shop. He is trying to get enough people signed up to make this happen.

Anyone know of anything else, chessically speaking?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I was just asking someone if anyone played Chess around here
A guy in Hilo is trying to start a club.
email me and I can provide his email.
i would love to play chess. i used to but now-days don't have a partner for it.

if you have the email for the guy in hilo, please let me know.

thanks
mary
What time does the chess group meet at the Pahoa Neighborhood Center on Saturdays? My husband is interested.
Thanks.
I should have updated this thread. The group that was meeting in Keaau has moved to Pahoa. We meet Saturdays from 9:00 am till 1:00 pm. We can stay later on those Saturdays when there is not an event going on at the meeting place. We meet at the Pahoa Neighborhood Facility. Jim Lee is the organizer. We plan to have some tournaments also. Come by and check it out. Jim's club is the Big Island Chess Club.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Someone is selling a Condor Chess set on craigslist and it has ceramic norse/viking pieces. I googled and searched and can't find any info on this set. It says Condor Chess set made in Italy. The pieces are not weighted. Anyone ever heard of condor? Thanks!
There is an effort underway for the chess players (Hilo vicinity) who find Pahoa too far to drive. First meeting is this Saturday 10/6/12 9:00-ish at the Puueo Community Center on Wainaku Drive next to the police station. We are not sure how this will work out, but chess classes will also be offered. Bring your chess set, clocks, etc. if you have 'em. Email me if you want the Hilo contact number.
Yes, the Hilo group meets at the same time as we in Pahoa do. Too bad, as I'd go to both.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I play a lot of chess online. Have you guys tried that at all? I was a member of Chess.com back when I had time to play, but was never really all that good. Still, enjoyed the tournaments. Got up to a 1300 ranking once.

Marketing | Public Relations | Social Media
(808) 447-0072
@lkino****a
Marketing | Public Relations | Social Media
(808) 447-0072
@lkino****a