Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWOOF recomendations?
Hello all from Alaska,
I am a pilot here in Alaska that will be looking to move to Hawaii in the next few years. My signifigant other and I are both pilots and our jobs allow us to live anywhere and we love the Pahoa, Waa Waa, etc area. Anyway. I also have the ability to take a few months off of work and I may be looking to do so. I have heard about WWOOFing options in the area and wonder if you have any recomendations. Thumbs up or avoid kinda tips. I will do my homework online, but I thought perhaps you could give me a local review. Can't wait to read more about all you great Punatics on this forum, and am looking forward to the day I can call myself one!

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!
Well it is possible to do volunteer work and stay in lower Puna. One place I know makes you pay a small amount plus work vs. another place you get a free yurt/food and will need to devote 20 hours per week of fairly hard farm work.

In most cases you'll need to rent your own car to have fun during off hours and weekends and will need to be prepared to have your own health insurance in case of injuries while working. Many Woofer spots are really popular w/ the young crowd and you'll need to reserve a spot and apply ahead of time.

Try messaging me here for the two places that I know of.