Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing Firearms When Moving to B.I.
Hi again folks.
I'm back with more questions concerning our impending move to B.I.

I've been looking into the "minefield" of regulations concerning gun ownership in Hawaii.
I have a few questions concerning things that I think I understand but am not absolutely certain.

I own:
.44 mag pistol [Ruger Redhawk]
.22 LR semi auto rifle [R&H Model 165]
7.62 x 39 semi auto rifle [Russian SKS]

1. These firearms may be shipped packed with household goods, or as declared items by USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex and checked air line baggage? Other options?

2. The SKS is a legal hunting firearm in Hawaii?

3. The 10 round magazine limit is only applicable to hand guns and does not apply to 30 round magazines for the SKS?

4. The firearm safety classes required for purchasing a hand gun are not applicable to a pre-owned hand gun brought into the state?

That's all I can think of right now. I'll probably come up with more as I delve into this.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.

Those are very specific questions and I wouldn't trust advice given on a public forum to be accurate. Hawaii is pretty serious about the gun control laws. I recommend calling the police station closest to where you are moving to and direct the questions to them.
Oh yeah, that's what we need here. More guns.
I'm with Jackson ... and tic "Other options"

aloha,
pog
Check with the police. The gun laws in Hawaii are slowly getting better like the rest of the country and with it, violence will decrease. We now have a castle law, so if someone attacks you in your own home you don't have to jump out the window, you can defend yourself. Violence is way down now in this country thanks to responsible gun owners like yourself. Thank you. By the way, jealous of that .44, beautiful pistol, would love to see some pictures.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Hawaii County Police firearm link includes importation:
http://www.hawaiipolice.com/firearm-regi...index.html

A good reference thread (using the “search” function above):
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13496
Uh. . .more guns decrease violence?????? What world do you live on???? Guns do not deter crime. FACT!!

It helps to back up your argument with facts instead of emotion.
http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
As an experienced shooter and combat veteran, I can give you a fact;

I fear idiot neighbors with firearms more than I fear an armed home invasion.

I'm fine with Hawaii's restrictive firearm laws.

It does not sound like our new neighbor is an idiot. You believe that someone should have to run away if their house is broken into and they are attacked?

-Ron Paul