Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ?
without replacing the windshield?
Windshields are one reason I carry no deductible on my car insurance. It only costs a few bucks more and I seem to lose wind shields at a rate of 1 per year. Mostly chunks of cinder bouncing off dump trucks.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I am curious as to how vog damaged your windshield.
Rob, windshields are often covered even if you have a deductible.
Windshields are covered under the "comprehensive" section of car insurance, which includes everything not related to collision damage and usually has a separate deductible. I just discovered this after having to pay $500 out of pocket for a new windshield I thought I'd gone through and found every place where a small premium increase leads to a big coverage increase, but missed that one ($15/year more in premiums changed it from a $500 deductible to $50).
I think it would be tough to get one's auto policy to cover a non-broken windshield, even with comprehensive. Check the wording of the coverage I guess.

What did the vog do to it?
Have you tried RainX - temporary but...
RainX awesome .. but too much leads to wipers chuddering across ... At least IMO.

Tried different 3 different sets of blades but no luck ... Had to let it go.

aloha,
pog
We used Cerium Oxide to get the yuckies off of some old shower doors we bought at the Kea'au recycling dump to make walls for an outdoor laundry room. And when I say yuckies....I mean it was really etched in.

Worked like a charm. Found out about in on youtube and bought from amazon.

We had to make a paste out of it and put it on the auto buffing pad. Takes the rain water stains RIGHT OFF of the part of the windshield that the wipers don't touch too!

1 pound is like $30 but it could probably do 15 windshields.

Mailes,

Do you think it would work on plastic headlight covers ?

aloha,
pog
I guess the answer was on the internet- just substitute "acid rain" for "vog" in the search terms.