Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog ailment
I noticed late last night that my female dog has what appears to be "blood blisters", on her stomach/tits? I'm sure they are not actual blood blisters and could actually be some kind of a bug/insect problem? Has anyone else had this problem with their dogs?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

Yes. Just recently. Vet said that they were indeed blood blisters. Was told to apply "nuskin" (spelling). Not sure what happened to them, but they are now gone from our dog's belly.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

what is nuskin, and where can I get it....please?

-----------

-----------

Beachboy,

Hi. NuSkin is something hikers carry with them on long hikes [I used to do those Sad ]. If you get a blister, you just apply it and it protects the area really well. I have seen it or similar products (usually with the word "skin" in them) in Long's and maybe in the Wal-Mart first aid areas, by the bandages. Also look in the foot care area.

It comes in a little bottle with a dabber.

Hope your dog gets better, soon.
Just out of curiosity, how does a dog get blood blisters on the stomach/tits? When I've gotten blood blisters its usually the result of a tool slipping and getting a horrible pinch. (Though I can't ever recall getting one on the stomach or tits).
My dog had what looked like blood blister on her stomach and it was mast cell cancer tumors. Mast cell cancer tumors look a lot like blood blisters. If it does not go away take your dog to a vet and get her looked at. Mast cell tumors are fast spreading and need to be surgically removed.
I hope it is just a blood blister, but wanted to alert you to this in case they don't go away.

Edited for my bad spelling[Smile]
hawaiideborah