Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biodiesel from Shipman Park
Biodiesel 100 is now available from Pacific Biodiesel in Shipman. I paid $4.06/gal for fuel for our generator. This is lower than the HFN off-road price.
Woohoo, I'm excited. Bought our Jeep CRD diesel just for this. We can run B100 in it. No more petro diesel! Runs better, cleaner, no more smoke. Can't wait to smell like french fries again. Heading there right now.
I neglected to mention: for now they are selling on Wednesdays from 9-1pm.
Just an update: beginning next week, retail sales will be M,W, & F 8:00-1:00.
Where does it come from? Is it all used fryer oil?
Hate to be the one to rain on the parade here but after running the 100 biodiesel in 3 of my work trucks for over a month I went back to the regular diesel. The biodiesel was noticeably less powerful when hauling loads or climbing grades on the highway. My mpg went from 17.5 per gallon to around 14. Not worth the savings on the per gallon price. And I had already been warned to start out with new filters because the biodiesel will dissolve deposits in the tank and may clog the old filter. I did that. I can't say for sure if it was the reason but right after this experiment one of the trucks began to have a starting problem. $5000 dollars later it is back on the road. New filters, transfer pump, injector pump and 6 injectors later, maybe the timing is a coincidence but I'm not going to try the biodiesel again.