Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
taxi suggestions: Hilo Airport -> HPP
Can anyone recommend a good taxi service from the airport down into lower HPP??

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Nope
check out the HeleOn bus website shared ride program. Take taxi from airport to bus pickup, ride bus to top of HPP, then taxi to lower HPP. Otherwise I think a taxi ride from the airport to lower HPP would be very expensive.

http://www.heleonbus.org/shared-ride-tax...eview_full
heck I'll drive you. When ya need to go? As long as you can get your stuff in my small Toyota ... Has a fairly large trunk. Max people would be (two passengers)It does have 4 seats but well, unless you had kids it would be extremely uncomfortable. I heard taxi is like around 80 bucks each way. so that's frigen highway robbery.
Last time I was at the airport and needed a ride to lower HPP...I found a piece of cardboard and wrote "$20.00 for a ride to lower HPP". I just held it up as cars drove by. It took about 3 minutes before someone pulled over and took me to my door.
Hey thanks a ton for those 3 helpful suggestions - really appreciate it (especially ericlp - thank you!).

Looks like we have resolved the issue, but for the future, I'll keep those suggestions in mind. (No worries ericlp, you're off the hook for the future stuff... Smile )

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Last time I was at the airport and needed a ride to lower HPP...I found a piece of cardboard and wrote "$20.00 for a ride to lower HPP". I just held it up as cars drove by. It took about 3 minutes before someone pulled over and took me to my door.

Heh, I'll have to remember that one for next time I need a ride! Now I'll have to remember to always travel with a piece of cardboard and a jiffy marker.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by VancouverIslander
Heh, I'll have to remember that one for next time I need a ride! Now I'll have to remember to always travel with a piece of cardboard and a jiffy marker.

AND $20. Wink
I think you'd have much better luck just asking a punaweber for a ride... I'd rather take my chances with someone from here than a random car.

I guess that's just me tho! Wink