Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you feel it?
felt a small shake in ocean shores... even the frogs got all quiet for a few minutes... Fun Fun Fun on the big island...
Yep....Small one just for a split second...

Where is Ocean Shores? I'm in Hawaiian Shores....same place???

Dee
hawaiian shores, beaches, parks... it's all the same! Wink I guess I should start saying pahoa! Smile

I guess it makes matters worse I use to own property in ocean shores WA and I still get it mixed up from time to time esp if I've been drinking! ;O
Felt it in Nanawale. It was like a rumbling sound.
Felt it here in Glenwood, upper Puna between Mt. View and Volcano. Just a quick little one but definitely there. It started raining about the same time too.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Pahoa looks and feels NOTHING like Ocean Shores Washington.
I have spent time in Ocean Shores, we call it Open Sores.
Yeah, Pat Boone really had a brain fart when he put his name in with the developers of Ocean Shores!! It's been years since I've been there but as soon as I read Ocean Shores..... lol

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Yes I know all the slang words for ocean shores... I actually like the miles of miles of sandy beaches it provides. I haven't been there in around 10 years but when I went at least it was CLEAN... No trash on the beaches unlike Hawaii... And yes greys harbor is next door and there is a reason why they call it grey ... but of the few months that is nice and warm with a million kites flying it's probably one the best places to be. But too cold for me. Altho, I'd imagine you could pick up a ocean front property for about 20K bucks.
I am curious about Ocean Shores (WA)negative comments like "open sores"? It has been a good 45 years since I have been there, I thought it was really pretty then. I have considered looking for property there - any GOOD reasons why I shouldn't?
islandgirl
Ocean Shores has a horrible municipal water system. Most people have
A built in gag reflex that will prevent you from swallowing the water.

City run sewer prices that rival San Francisco.

There are mostly 5000-7000 sf lots.

No trees.

Ocean Shores has the worst marine layer on the Washington coast.
August usually has, if you are lucky, about 2 weeks of summer. I
Have been in 55 deg weather under the marine layer and drove 20
Minutes inland to have it be 80'and sunny.

It is not for everybody, that is for sure. I am not bashing just sharing
My experience.