Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your best deals online
What things do you see in the local stores and scoff because you know you can save big bucks online?
My example. computer cables, USB, Printer, video cables. 75% less than in the store. When buildin my house there were a number of electrical connectors, Specialty boxes and jacks for phone, ethernet(computer), Media. they were all significantly cheaper online than anywhere local.
I'm all for supporting local stores and am willing to pay a litte more to do so. But not two to four times the price.
What are your stories?
Amazon Prime.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Yup.
Shalimar and Chanel #5 on Ebay!!! [Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

Amazon Prime.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul

Thought Amazon Prime was just for the "contiguous U.S". With Hawaii at $6.99 per item
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
quote:
Originally posted by Cagary

quote:

Amazon Prime.

-Ron Paul

Thought Amazon Prime was just for the "contiguous U.S". With Hawaii at $6.99 per item

free standard shipping(5 days)
6.99 three day
12.99 two day(almost always overnight)

I order things on sunday and usually have them by the end of the week for free.
The shipping to Hawaii used to be horrible, they did not offer prime for Hawaii. I wrote numerous e-mails to Bezos and he finally responded, one month later they started offering a modified prime for Hawaii.

-Ron Paul
Yeah, Amazon Prime is the shizzle for the BI. Free standard shipping. Just built a whole new PC, all off Amazon, didn't get the absolute best deals on everything but everything came through just fine. Don't know how Amazon makes the decision but some came through USPS and some Fedex.
Also, Prime comes with Prime Video, lots of the older classics for free, stuff not on Netflix. Just started watching the whole Gilligan's Island series, explains so much to me about living here.

On the box stores, what you see on the floor is basically what they have, they don't have a back room inventory. Walmart has free site-to-store shipping but it isn't available on the BI. Found out this is because they don't have a warehouse. The HDTV at Walmart and Target are two or three generations behind. Went to Sears, they didn't have the model I was looking for, went back home to the website, found the model, even a small sales break, and Sears does have free site-to-store shipping. Picked it up at their warehouse a couple blocks down, even got a kamaaina discount. Also, the Sears Service Center has a lot of things the main store doesn't. Not pushing Sears but finding this out made things a lot easier for me.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I always by my auto/truck parts online. Either from RockAuto.com or eBay. Depending on the cost for shipping. I also get a lot of parts from eREreplacentparts.com to keep my power tools (gas and electric) going. They have very good help videos to help keep you out of trouble. Some parts are not in there warehouse and it may take 7-9 working days to get it there, but as soon as it come into them it gets shipped right out. I do call and get local prices before going to the internet. I'll always try to buy local if the price is even close but that doesn't happen very often.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Cagary

quote:

Amazon Prime.

-Ron Paul

free standard shipping(5 days)
6.99 three day
12.99 two day(almost always overnight)

I order things on sunday and usually have them by the end of the week for free.
The shipping to Hawaii used to be horrible, they did not offer prime for Hawaii. I wrote numerous e-mails to Bezos and he finally responded, one month later they started offering a modified prime for Hawaii.

-Ron Paul

And its worth the $79. yearly fee to you?
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
I usually grab stuff that is free shipping on orders over $25 with amazon. Granted it's not everything, and you don't get the online videos. I think a lot has to do with your buying patterns (what your buying/using). So the prime doesn't work for me but I can see where it would work for some (79 a year for the videos with free shipping as a bonus)