Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reprise of Helicopters from Hell - part II
Another busy day over our heads for the air tour industry; hellish day for the mammals and birds, though.

Petition ~ Modify Hawai'i Air Tour Helicopter Laws
http://www.change.org/petitions/modify-h...opter-laws

FAA:
Charles.Cantu@faa.gov
David.S.Ryon@faa.gov
Kyle.M.Bartler@faa.gov

Send 2 shots - one close up with Tail #, the other medium back, to show altitude compared to anything on the ground (trees etc). Also include direction, est alt, your location, time/date.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Don't forget the coquis. They lose sleep with all this noise!
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Just remember, as with many things: the problem is not that "helicopters fly too low", the problem is that "you are complaining". Simply:

- if it's a tour helicopter, you're anti-tourism, which is the lifeblood of our local economy;
- if it's a green harvest helicopter, you're obviously anti-law-and-order and/or growing weed.

That said, the helicopters apparently don't fly if people with "enough money" complain; it's almost as if County has a "revenue-per-acre" target, and they subsidize it with helicopters.

At the very least, "helicopter noise" should be a required real estate disclosure, I would probably have settled in Kau if I'd known it would be so noisy here.
Complaining? Yes. Definitely.
Smile

On these two?
Nope.
- if it's a tour helicopter, you're anti-tourism, which is the lifeblood of our local economy;
- if it's a green harvest helicopter, you're obviously anti-law-and-order and/or growing weed.

I get the local economy, very very clearly.
And I don't grow, nor smoke. (How's that for not fitting in...)

I'd still like to Modify Hawaii Air Tour Helicopter Laws, however.
And I agree completely about the real estate disclosure. I wouldn't have bought in HPP, had I known. My geographic focus would have changed significantly.

All that said... I do love it here.
Gotta run... more complainin' to do... :0

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
I'am sorry but what's in hpp for me to see on a heli tour? I would most deffanitly want to buzz the coast from kalapana to Kopoho that would be a site to remember. Is their something in hpp I missed?
For tour helio - it is a shorter (less $$$) way to go straight to the lava flow, from the airport, straight through Keaau, upper HPP & mid Orchidland & Ainaloa

For Green Harvest... HPP has had some growers....
For a heli tour operator, it would be shorter to put a helipad closer to the lava.

Reduce the carbon footprint by bringing the tourists up in biodiesel-powered buses.

Less noise, less pollution....
Funny I see & hear jets all day. "just now" I live in the flight path for msp. Usually once a day I see a life flight. Police sirens go off all the time. Cars Go boom boom boom. & screech! But I guess if it's quiet all day long when a heli goes by its hellish.

Kalakoa, You are RIGHT ON about putting the helipad closer to the lava. RIGHT ON THE MARK.

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
Otter, it's pretty evident you don't live under a helicopter tour's frequent flier route! Wink Jets can't look into your back yard and practically read your license plate numbers. They are high in the air and easily ignored... easy to ignore compared to an incredibly loud noise that prevents you from having a conversation for up to a minute at a time, and when they're really flying a lot that happens several times an hour. Get the picture? See the difference?

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973