Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprint single or dual-band coverage Big Island
I've been on the waiting list for a Republic Wireless smartphone (http://www.republicwireless.com/) for months. Now that I have my invite, they tell me that their phone uses Sprint single-band, and if I want dual-band I have to get back on the waiting list for who knows how long (see below). The Sprint website shows coverage to be spotty at best on this island (in fact, most of HPP where I live doesn't seem to be covered at all), and doesn't specify single or dual-band. So, I'm asking if anyone has Sprint, single or dual-band, and how the coverage is. I only have until 10/31 to decide what to do. I'd appreciate any input. Mahalo.

Our current phone is a single-band version of the DEFY XT. “Single-band” means it roams onto just one frequency band--1900 MHZ --which covers most US metropolitan areas. A small percentage of our members have reported roaming issues using this device in rural areas (check out our recent blog post for more info). But for many, the single-band DEFY XT is a great fit. We suggest you check the single-band DEFY XT coverage map to help make your decision.

If you live in an area not covered by the single-band phone, you will want to wait for the dual-band phone. We’re working with Motorola to develop a dual-band version of the DEFY XT. Our intention is to make the dual-band phone available later this year. As soon as it’s available, we’ll email everyone in waves F and beyond who hasn’t used their purchase invitation. You’ll have the opportunity to purchase up to two dual-band DEFY XT phones using the instructions we send you.

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.