Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nago explains the Ballot shortage
Was just on the news, state election official, at a news conference, admitted to a planning mistake for the ballot shortages around the state, including 23 precinct that ran out of ballots on Tues.

Reason? they calculated the ballots needed based on the primary turnout for each precinct times a multiplier, rather than the old method of 60% of the registered voters.... seems like the old method was better than the new multiplier!
Is this guy fired yet?
Are you a registered voter here lavalava?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
My dear Carol you are barking up the wrong tree. Punaweb is about Puna not strictly for Puna residents. Plenty of non Hawaii people post here from Florida to Pittsburg. From Baja to Toronto. Maybe you could start your own forum where you could check each posters identification...
lavalava said: "Plenty of non Hawaii people post here from Florida to Pittsburg. From Baja to Toronto."

But most of the nonresidents who post here stick to trying to gain information, or respectfully offering sources of information, rather than constantly jumping in on every local issue that the people who actually have a stake in this place are trying to work out, often with a rude or snide twist to your comment. If you aren't eligible to register to vote here why are you jumping in on our voting process? If you don't pay taxes here why are you complaining about water testing being funded with state funds? If you don't live in Puna why are you harping on the Puna Makai route?

I had a housemate one time whose brother in law came to visit and spent the entire time explaining how we couldn't/shouldn't be doing what we were doing on our property (running a home based business in full accordance with the local rules) because it wasn't allowed in the state he lived in. After patiently explaining that we weren't in Orange County, California to him about 80 times we gave up and just told him his unsolicited advice and pronouncements were unwelcome, but if he wanted to talk about something else we would be happy to participate in the conversation. You are acting like that guy.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Oh goody, that must mean you'll stop talking to me soon.
Lava lava, what stake do you have in this, whether Nago is fired or not? Why do you care?

Edited for the usual typos.
Medium Rare.
(O/T) lavalava, strangely enough, I find your humor entertaining, not offensive (ie. "medium rare"). Perhaps my tolerance is improving with old age. [8D] Me thinks you enjoy the mystique created. You are one of those that lends food for thought, like a few others here, in a different way. Provoking perhaps, just please be kind as we bruise easy.

Back to Nago, he is one of the most arrogant people I have seen in recent history. Two elections botched, under his direction, although he "follows the law" and "others" are in charge of the final decisions, and 800 Maui votes "inadvertently" not counted. If this isn't a WTF (pardon me) moment, I don't know what is. This is why a lot of people don't vote, and don't trust the election system.

The case ACLU has filed is going to be very interesting, and should be dealt with swiftly, given the General coming up shortly.

It would seem the next thing to test is all mail out voting. Maybe that will work.

JMO.
Oregon finally switched over to all mail in voting once a large percentage of the voters were permanent absentee voters. I was a staunch voting traditionalist, but the huge number of initiatives on the ballot made me switch to permanent absentee voter after the election where I had to take a crib sheet in to the voting booth with me because there were 25+ initiatives on the ballot. I am now a permanent absentee voter here, so my polling place being closed didn't matter. A combination of early walk in voting and mail in voting might make our elections run a little better, if they can figure out the stuck envelope issue that is!

Carol
Carol

Polish Proverb