Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plant swap/exchange.....But really another Punaweb
Party.....for those that are interested in another gathering under the premise of a plant swap, please bring any cuttings/starts if you would like to share extras with others.

I posted a plant/cutting swap on the garden forum for people that want to talk garden...but i though hey why not have a bbq and potluck to boot - its June and I'm coming back to Puna and I never seem to make it to any of the puna events so i'll just have to host it when i'm in town for a change!!!

Impromptu date is set for Saturday June 2nd.....someone will have to bring a bbq grill since i do not have one.

If you could kindly reply if your interested in participating and what you can bring that would be great since this is very last minute....

My Home is in Hawaiian Beaches - 15-2714
Hee Street

A yellow two story plantation home and the base floor is faced with lava rock. Take Kahakai blvd, pass Da Store, L) on Aweoweo, R) on S Puni Makai, L) on Hee Street....

Lets say 1pm ish, come and enjoy our ist punaweb garden exchange/punaweb bbq.

noel

Noel...I'm thinking that's a R on North Puni Mauka yeah? I live on Hee in Shores...which is off South Puni Mauka...

Carrie

Edited by - Carolann R on 05/18/2007 11:54:05
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Hi Carrie,

I live off South Puni Mauka and left on Hee Street - Although I'm sure this is Hawaiian Beaches on the left side of kahakai blvd and the right side which your on is shores....maybe we should have the pool party at your place instead......?

Oops sorry all, I stand correct, its North Puni Mauka and Left on Hee Street, 15-2714....thanks for the correction Carrie....geez i should visit more often...

LOL! It's all good! When we came home for the first time it was dark, and raining hard...and you woulda laughed big time, 'cause it took us forever driving around to find our own street! The street signs are faded and rain and dark...haahaaa!

Carrie

I think a plant exchange is an awesome idea too. I have been blessed by the generous people on Punaweb forum (you know who you are Richard and Mark ) to have been given several plants to take care of.

I'm not sure about the transporting of anything green into Hawaii...I know they are extremely watchdog about it...Dep't of Agriculture snagged a banana I had while coming into Honolulu once and were very "serious" about the whole thing. I imagine there is a list posted somewhere on the web of what can and cannot enter the state.

Edited by - Carolann R on 05/18/2007 21:08:02
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
thanks for the info, i have checked out the site before, so no calif pineapples and bananas for me to bring over from calif...which i actually grow in my area....not that i'm getting any fruit yet.

with pam and carey thats makes 4 of us including you, plus family/guests....any more takers...come on where are all the fanatic party people?

noel

Unfortunately that date is the same weekend of the Hilo Dive Clubs monthly outing. At this point Jayne and I can’t spare both days to party.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
We'll probably drop in on this, Me and my wife, Mayumi. However, we're a little reluctant 'giving' plants away as we are busy acquiring at the moment verses exchanging. But, maybe we can dig something up, ha.

Thats fine, even cuttings from an overgrown bush are acceptable.

Bringing plants is not mandatory, this is really a meet and great and talk about plants/gardening in the area and sharing experiences like a punaweb party.

If you do intend to bring cuttings i would advise to bring them in a bucket with water so they don't get wilted in the sun....also same with starts - i would recommend putting them in bags/wrapped in damp paper towels so they survive the timeframe when your visiting.

Hope more can make it, if not it will still be a nice gathering and all are welcome.

noel

Sophie and I plan to be there. Always nice seeing old friends and making new. I'll be ready for some time off from building LOL

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident