Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
verizon home fusion internet
Anybody got this? The data cost is about half of other broadband cellular options and the speed is really fast.
I have Verizon wireless share package for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 and the newest iPad.
I get Internet through cable Road Runner.
What is fusion and would it be combines withverizon wireless share plan?
Is fusion wireless less cost than cable Road Runner?
Is fusion faster than the cable?
Thanks.
hawaiideborah
I don't know a thing about Verizon Fusion but it may help some that the tower in Leilani is actually happening. The concrete is poured and the hole backfilled. We expect it to be operational next month but we have misjudged that before.

Jay
Jay
All of the plans are usage-based, which changes the broadband paradigm from one of limited bits to limited bytes. Verizon’s plans begin at $59.99 of monthly access for 10 GB of data, and there is a $200 installation charge. If you consider that an hour of watching Netflix consumes about 1 gigabyte, you’re looking at about 8-10 hours of TV a month.

So MUCH FOR CHEAP!!! Smile

But, interesting... I think ATT/Verzion/Sprint will be competing for your business and when they all get in the broadband game in a few years, you may see speeds going up, data usage getting larger and prices falling. That will be a good thing for remote users in subdivisions with good cell service.

It's slowly coming but cheap and unlimited usage are still four letter words!
Jailbreaking affords free and unlimited data streaming. Jailbreaking remains legal for iPhones, but it is no longer legal to jailbreak iPads.

To jailbreak d/l the redsn0w application and run with your iPhone in DFU mode. After the download is complete run Cydia and install the MyWi app.

(Cydia is essentially a third party App Store featuring apps apple does not support. )

Again, Jailbreaking is still completely legal for iPhones and no longer voids your warranty as you can now restore your phone to apple firmware if you wish.

Cheers

rainyjim
The installation charge is currently $139 under their "special". The thing that I don't like is the 2 year contract. I know that the moment I sign it, somebody else will come out with a better deal.
1. It takes about two years to build out a cellphone tower; the concrete pour is usually somewhere around the halfway point.

2. The US "broadband" market doesn't do "competition"; the players have all agreed on what price you're going to pay, your "freedom of choice" amounts to "what letterhead the bill has".

3. Point #2 hardly matters when the incumbents won't even bother to deploy service in most places.

Best solution will be community-driven; I keep hoping some subdivision will use their CC&R-granted rights-of-way to deploy fiber, but a wireless mesh network is more likely.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

1. It takes about two years to build out a cellphone tower; the concrete pour is usually somewhere around the halfway point.

2. The US "broadband" market doesn't do "competition"; the players have all agreed on what price you're going to pay, your "freedom of choice" amounts to "what letterhead the bill has".

3. Point #2 hardly matters when the incumbents won't even bother to deploy service in most places.

Best solution will be community-driven; I keep hoping some subdivision will use their CC&R-granted rights-of-way to deploy fiber, but a wireless mesh network is more likely.

Actually, it takes 12-18 months for a cell tower and almost all of that time is desk work with engineers and permitting. The actual construction can be done in less than 60 days. The bulk of the actual erecting of the tower can be done in less than a week.

Of course in Hawaii, each construction step is probably painfully slow with 4-10 separate inspections required before the next phase can continue, so I'd say two years is probably a "fast track" construction project.
I use two years as my rule-of-thumb due to the extensive Federal paperwork that happens "behind" the local (and possibly State) paperwork/inspections.

As an extra added bonus, most cell towers get their backhaul from the local wireline monopoly carrier, and anything more than a couple of T1s usually means some hefty facilities buildout...
It's getting close to two years since the first discussions between Verizon and Leilani. Then planning and permitting, neighborhood postings, and a court hearing or two. The construction itself is the easy part, not counting hitting solid rock and taking a week to dig the hole. It will go pretty quickly now and other carriers will probably rent space on the pole and add equipment as well.

Jay
Jay