Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau Christmas Parade and Cookie Exchange
For those on island, don't forget the Cookie Exchange I'm hosting at the Kea'au Lighted Christmas Parade! Parade starts at 5:30pm and you may want to be there about an hour early to get a parking spot. I'll be set up in about the same area as last year(south side of the Old Volcano Rd just across the street from the Kea'au farmers market. If you have questions, post them here. I'll have 5 pop-up set up with light, several tables, and the camp stove for making HOT coco. Be sure to bring cookies to share and a container to take shared cookies home! Please bring YOUR OWN chair or you will have to sit on the curb. I just don't have enough room to supply chairs this year. The generator will be running to power the festive light and shine on all the great cookies I know YOU'LL MAKE.Wink Bring your beverage of choice if you don't like coco. I know peppermint schnapps goes great in hot coco!! In the past people have brought other libations to share also. Hope to see you all there!!!

IT IS THIS SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Maybe I'll roll out some old fashioned gingerbread cookies and drop on by. I mostly do bread but I've been expanding into biscuits and pie lately so cookies aren't too far of a reach.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Cannot wait to be there! I feel like I haven't seen my friends in so long! I will come with cookies in hand and a box for fabulous cookie donations! Apple Juice? Cocoa? And MY CHAIR. LOL [:X]

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Parade actually starts at the High School at 5:30. Hits the village about 5:45.
Will bring decaf coffee & spinach lasagna (colors are right - red, green & white!) & Jim is baking the cookies this evening...so....

All we need is to bring our chairs & selves & the stuffs above....

Although I would like some rain... NO RAIN FOR SATURDAY (until later in the night...or maybe really early in the morning...but not for the parade!)

ADDED: cooking up the lasagna for tommorrow, so bring your eating utensils & drinking cups & chairs..... & come out to see the BIG, BRIGHT TRUCKS! (and the lights, and the bands, and the Santas helpers...
I'll have the "Scuba Sunday" paper box there if anyone doesn't have eating utensils or plates. Also have several styrofoam cups.

As the parade will start at 5:30, you are more than welcome to show up early and have fun with others and talking story. I'll be there around 2-3:00 to set up and hang the Christmas lights!

Hope for a good turn out.... The weather has to be way mo betah than last year!!

Cheers!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

quote:
Originally posted by Royall

I'll have the "Scuba Sunday" paper box there if anyone doesn't have eating utensils or plates. Also have several styrofoam cups.

As the parade will start at 5:30, you are more than welcome to show up early and have fun with others and talking story. I'll be there around 2-3:00 to set up and hang the Christmas lights!

Hope for a good turn out.... The weather has to be way mo betah than last year!!

Cheers!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Oooo fun! I will be on Reed's Island tomorrow and will head to the fun right after!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

Carrie Rojo

OK, Just a few hours and it's show time!! Went up this morning and with the help of Jim and Carey, We got 5 pop-ups in place and I weed whacked the grass down to an easier walking length. Getting ready to go up now and hang the lights and fire up the genset... Baby, it's party time!!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

OK, now I know a sure way to end a dry spell....2 years in a row...but it was very nice to see old friends, taste the sweets, see the lights & sights of the parade & have a wonderful time. (added plus, the planting I put in today are WATERED!)

Thank you Royall for again doing the lions share of getting this up, running & down! and for all of those that come & help... it is a wonderful thing!