Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I didn't know that 'Moke' was a race
This is a new word for me, and even after reading a couple of rants about "Mokes" and "Mokettes" I am still lost.[Smile]

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
Tittas and Mokes. One of the radio personalities refers to herself as a titta. And the moke is the guy who helps you move you refrigerator or brings you dirt. I think of it more as a mostly neutral word,especially when self-referential, and kind of humorous. It's a specific type of local character. Mokes are big (even if not that tall, and tittas sometimes have tattoos and are a solid reminder you are in a matriarchal society. The titta is subtley in control. They both speak English in a sing-song way, sometimes very fast with clipped tones (she speaks faster than he does), with t's enunciated very, very crisply and d's and what comes after them somewhat elongated. I think these are pejoratives only in a specific context and that they are more comical than pejorative, but that's just me. Only been here a year, so still gettin' the lingo.

I do know this: If you run into something that looks and talks like a titta, but is actually a moke, run --just run.
A moke is the Hawaiian version of a redneck.Their idea of problem solving involves much cursing and usually violence.
Like Obie says Rick, mokes are not actually a race just like rednecks are not actually a race. Hope this clears things up for you, but if you were just trolling ken - damned good job of it.

Cheers

rainyjim
Ya ya never call a Moke a "Moke" or a titta a "titta"

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
When I was a kid my Dad sat me down (late fifties) and explained the "n" word to me. He said that an N could be any color of skin .... it was an attitude.... or an indicator lack of experience, education development, empathy and self respect - all qualities required for one to be in balance with the world. Not bad for his time........... His sentiment may apply here
You can read all the definitions on the Urban Dictionary. It's definitely a racial slur, or can be used as a slur, even if it can be applied to people of different races. Probably best to avoid it, unless you want to get in a fight.
quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

Like Obie says Rick, mokes are not actually a race just like rednecks are not actually a race. Hope this clears things up for you, but if you were just trolling ken - damned good job of it.

Cheers

rainyjim

I see your logic.

A person calls for the "sterilization" of select group of a certain race. Because they play their music too loud.

I called them on that.

Coming from you, I can see how you would turn that into me being the troll!

Now, to clarify, are you the one who desires to be the one who issues the “sterilization” decree, or will you be one of the ones who gets “sterilized?”

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

A moke is the Hawaiian version of a redneck.Their idea of problem solving involves much cursing and usually violence.

I imagine you must now think all black men are axe murderers!
A race to what?

Primo!

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."