Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midwest Blizzard
[:p]

Tonight would be a good one to get my tickets and reservations firmed up as the granddaddy of all winter storms is comming straight at us.

Remember that when you go to bed tonight you will wake up in paradise in the morning, but I will wake up in a barren frozen waste land of snow and ice. Very likely without power and have to shovel for an hour to get to the generator and start it up, that is if it starts up. I did check it today and it runs fine, but when the rubber hits the road, who knows.

Will see some of you guys in Feb for sure, save some warm for me please.[Wink]

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick
Rick, thank you for momentarily transporting me back to winter (Just the memory of those nights send the shiver up my back) & tomorrow, as you dig out your snow shovel, just remember that we have a foggy-rainy afternoon here, so we have a few puddles to negotiate....

And the rain was up on the mountain (over the saddle) this afternoon, so... maybe... we too, will have snow to look at tomorrow.....maybe....

Th
is mornings glimpse of the mountain showed a slight dusting of white to the east slopes... and some of the Observatories cams have a crystalline view:
http://mkwc.ifa.hawaii.edu/current/cams/...mode=multi
$662 Round trip, a real bargain I believe from Cedar Rapids to Hilo.[Big Grin]

Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick
quote:
Originally posted by dwedeking

Make sure you look at flights to Kona as well. I had to fly a person from the midwest last year and there was quite a price difference.

Kona was a bit more, I was suprised. Hawaiian Air just added flights to ITO from LAX it seems.

Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick
Wuzzer...

I'm pretty sure all of Hawaiian Air's flights to Hilo require a change in Honolulu. New direct flights from LAX to ITO would be big news here (unless I missed it...)
Snow accumulations of up to 12 inches, complemented by 25- to 35-mph winds that will occasionally gust to 45 to 50 mph.

More than 30,000 people were without electricity Thursday morning in Iowa, the bulk of them in Des Moines, according to MidAmerican Energy.

Best weather photos of 2012 Iowa has seen the highest levels of snow so far, the National Weather Service said, with more than 8 inches in places.

Nothing here so far 100 miles east of Des Moines, but rained all night and it is 34 degrees and the temp is dropping.[Wink]

Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick
Chicago just shut down and with a storm that size, will probably shut down east coast airports. Sure wouldn't want to be flying now and it looks like airline schedules will be messed up for at least a couple days.

Meanwhile, the drought is over in Puna. It is stormy but long breaks in the afternoon where it is above 80. More normal winter, for BI eastside anyway.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*