Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevahmind
Was looking for a bookstore. Hilo is kinda short on those.
there is one in Pahoa

Donna
Donna
I can think of three in downtown Hilo: Basically Books on Kam Ave., Bob Marx's shop, Books Nooks, around the corner on Waianuenue and a used book store on Keawe just Puna side of the Mamo St. corner.
Books Nooks & Crannies is closed!

The Book Gallery has been in business for over 40+ years .[Smile]

http://www.manta.com/c/mm27lsz/book-gallery
scroll down page for more information about the store.
There is also the Hairy Monkey across the street from the Ponds restaurant... They just had their grand opening this last week I think.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

i believe there is one on the way to the transfer station in hilo.
past poke for your taste, on your left. a used bookstore/cd/dvd.
haven't been to it but still. aloha
Kindle.

That is all.
Guess I should have said NEW bookstore. Was looking for a young adult book that is on the NY Times bestseller list. Basically books, didn't have, although they can order it.

I was trying to kill this thread. But it appears to have a life of its own. There is no purveyor of new books in Hilo who broadly stocks books listed on the NY Times bestseller list.

I will have to check out the Hairy Monkey though. I can't say I care for the name though. Aren't all monkeys hairy? Is there a hairless monkey? If so, can you stop thinking about the hairless monkey? What is a monkey of any kind doing here?

No matter. I am so happy that I can get poke to my taste. And furikake. God help me. I have just discovered furikake.

Why don't you people tell me anything? Now I have a furikake problem. Forget the bookstore. If I had a new book, I would just sprinkle furikake on it.
Go see Hairy Monkey sans wallet first ... Please then support my frieds @ Millies next door for lunch while you consider what how much you want to give to da monkey. mahalo. Monkey is all old stuffs and will NOT have your book, but Millies will have something fresh and clean for you to eat.
pog
I will try Millie's out, pog, and will probably avoid the monkey. It's for the best. But I look forward to having a new place to go and any friend of yours is a friend of mine.