Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dolphin friendly kahena beach
I go to Kahena beach almost daily,love to swim there! I notice that when ever there are camp/wood fires the dolphins avoid it.The toxic smoke of the wood fires really do repulse their visits and want to hang around.Please help,by politely asking people to refrain from these repulsive activities.If you go to swim there please keep your chemical coatings to a minimum and be positive to the point of expressive laughter,the dolphins love that and will come very close to you.Please relax and enjoy our beautiful paradise and also do your part to keep it clean so we all can enjoy it.As there are no potty facilities,and the state has no intentions of providing them.DO YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE! with love and ALOHA the Kahena Menahunes.
are the fires burning at the time? ...kinda hard to believe an old fire would repel them away... are you sure its not the pakalolo? lol
I see Dolphins there often, but its not everyday.... dusk and dawn are best IMO

PS one of my minor peeves, sorry Wink its "Kehena"
also many butcher Pohoiki... mis calling it Pohiki

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Oh my gAAwwwd. = 0

These must be those busy, Urban dolphins who just don't know how to enjoy the good ole outdoors any more.

pog
Business Elsewhere?? like where? in the jungle at top, right Wink

Im sure the main reason there are no permanent bathrooms is because Kehena is a short lived beach, it will be completely gone forever in a few years.... but since we are not a 3rd world country, the county still should have some porto-potties up top for those that cant drive the 4+ miles ea. way to a real public bathroom....
same with the raw sewage/TP infested Kapoho Tidal Pools and Champagne Ponds... tour vans take their tourists there (sometimes by the dozens), but there is no bathrooms (last time I check), or even cover.... gross

[8D]
Camp fires scaring the dolphins away? Just when I think I have heard all the crazy talk, now this.
How about all the cigarette smoke, or the clouds of ganga thick in the air, or the men with erections walking around looking for new friends and than off into the bushes thinking they're being discreet...or what is really scary is the naked yoga on the beach upside down with the rose bud pointed to the sky gods. Now that might be what is scaring the dolphins, not your pet peeve about small camp fires.
...and don't get me going on the people who bring their dogs down there to crap on the beach and lounging areas. nuff said.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Read my write up on Kehena Beach at my blog. No reference to camp fires - just a post about the beauty and power of the location.

Aloha, Anna
http://sudnlyaware.wordpress.com
Swimming with dolphins may feel good, but it is bad for them. Get educated on the proper treatment of our aquatic friends in their environment.
I've been going to Kehena for years and never seen "men with erections walking around looking for new friends and than off into the bushes thinking they're being discreet"
The dolphins are at kehena every morning. It is my observation that they avoid the beach on overcrowded days. I seriously doubt the fires and smoke has anything to do with it. Plus, whenever they do show up on a crowded day they are usually chased off by mobs of people trying to swim with them. There's also a HUGE tiger shark that frequents kehena point. Just fyi....