Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction - Vision stage of our move

Hi everyone. My DH and I will be moving back to BI in the next two years. I hope sooner, but 20mos on our lease here, downsizing our lifetime acquisitions, putting building funds together etc., so he keeps me realistic. I lived 10 years on Guam and years later, brought our family to Hawaii after visiting nearly every year since 1965. We lived on Maui for 4 years in Pukalani, Paia & Kula then spent our last year in Hilo, We were in process of buying a lot in HPP and building when medical issues sent us to the mainland with our youngest of four. 20+ years later and in Arizona, I just want to live out my life on the BI, feel the aloha, be kama'aina once again. I have been reading through Punatalk, getting to know many of you through your musings. Some of you can be harsh, but I understand the realities of what you are saying. I hope as I begin to ask questions and look for advise, you will trust that we come back with eyes wide open, and give me the aloha and advise I am seeking.
I am retired, my DH a couple years away from retired. He was carpenters union when we lived there before and worked side by side with local talent who respected him. I was an ex-airline travel agent in Kihei, then with Discovery Airways for those of you those of you who remember them.
We plan to be good neighbors and look forward to meeting many of you.
Aloha and mahalo for any advice that comes our way.
Louise
a m here
Aloha E Komo MAI
Since you have lived in East Hawaii before, you are miles ahead of malihini. I first moved to Puna 24 years ago. Much has changed in Puna and Hilo since then, and much is just the same, just many more people. Aloha
Terracore, mahalo, we hope to earn that welcome when we finally make the move.
Leilaniguy, our lot search and near purchase was spring of 1991, I believe. You're being there for 24 years puts it all in perspective for me. Time gone feels like time wasted. Can't regain it, so we will just have to recapture it, which won't be hard to do. Mahalo for the Aloha.

a m here