Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With Moving Furniture
Aloha Everyone...
I wanted to ask if anyone could sugguest someone to me.. couldn't resist and bought some living room furniture in Kamuela and now need to transport to my home Pahoa.. Any suggestions??? Mahalo

What do you need (ie. muscle, moving vehicle or recommendation for moving co.)
If you need help or vehicle, what is the approximate size/wt of the pieces, do you have hitch for trailer....that sort of thing.

Edited by - carey on 06/01/2007 07:22:57
In the past (I've moved between North Kohala and Hilo three times!), I've rented a truck from Harper's and paid a friend's teenagers to do the lifting. The regular movers charge $100 or more an hour for the drive time.

Maybe you will get lucky and have the offer of a truck or the lifting help. I've always had to pay for it; everyone I know has a bad back!
sorry..what i have to move is a living room set..sofa,two chairs and coffee table.
mahalo
quote:
What do you need (ie. muscle, moving vehicle or recommendation for moving co.)
If you need help or vehicle, what is the approximate size/wt of the pieces, do you have hitch for trailer....that sort of thing.

Edited by - carey on 06/01/2007 07:22:57

as I said, unless you have friends to help who have a truck, I'd suggest a one day enclosed truck rental. Sounds like too much to go in a pickup truck. With gas prices what they are, it's cheaper to make one trip in a rental truck than two by pickup.

For the labor, ask friends if they know anyone who wants to make a few bucks. This is if no one here raises their hand and offers to move furniture!

We have used Harper's several times.
Need help with moving furniture? The next time it moves, nail that sucker down.