Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquakes
wow,Columbia hit by a 7.0. The Pacific Plate is just slipping, sliding and slamming!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I looked at a map of recent earthquakes yesterday and found that the whole "ring of fire" was very active with the exception of Hawaii (just a single 2.0 tremor in the previous 24 hours) and the Alaska to California coast area.

Edit: I just looked and noticed another 8.0 off the Solomon Islands (North of Vanuatu). Several dozen recent quakes there. As far as Tsunamis go, the magnitude of the quake isn't as important as the type. The Japan quake that caused their tsunami was a very different one than the one last week in the Solomons (and hopefully this one as well).
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Wow everything is slippin' and a slidin' sure hope California is not next [Sad] [8]
Just saw on the news that geologists are puzzled and a little concerned by the number and magnitude of quakes around the "ring of fire." Said it was very unusual. Kind of nervous making. Wonder what it means for our hot spot, think if the edges are all in motion, the hole in the center must be moving a bit too.

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
The quake in Colombia is actually linked to the Nazca plate, which is moving east (the Andes are formed where it hits South America); the Pacific plate is moving northwest, and they're spreading apart in the eastern south Pacific.
siberia Russia.... first I have seen for this place 6.6

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Planet sees the asteroid coming and is cringing ?

aloha,
pog
THE PHILLIPPINES AND NZ... BOTH AT LEAST A 6.0... WHEW!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"