Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is snapping photos of houses?
Was it google if they were in a gray pick up with a ladder in the back? He was snapping photos of every house. By the time I got my shoes and jacket on and jumped in my car to track him down and get an explanation, he was long gone. Turkeys. I don't care who they are, I don't want them snapping photos of the front of our house. Can you refuse to let google post them?

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
I'm pretty sure if you are on a public road you can take a photo of whatever you want. If you have a 6 foot fence and someone wants to stand a quarter of a mile away with a zoom lens and take a photo of your front yard I'm pretty sure they can.

Not saying they should.... Just saying I think they can and are breaking no laws.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Seems thieves could do it too then, just too scope out your house? That was my thinking. I've never liked that google view concept for that reason.

Melissa Fletcher
But google cars are clearly marked from what I've seen, so who else would be photographing every house on the block?

Melissa Fletcher
Realtors !!

It's their business to do that !!!
I thought of that, but thought it odd since our place just came off the market, and none of the others is on? Then I suspected a yard care service scoping out areas to advertise?

Melissa Fletcher
could be the county, looking for violations.
Or someone doing a book, "Houses of Hawaii"

----------------
Aloha spelled backward...think about it.
><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ ><> ~~~~ >(>
real estate appraisal doing the neighborhood comparison?
in most states you can take whatever pictures you want from a public way as long as you dont use a telescopic lens
The Google street view car has a distinctive apparatus sticking up on a pole, so that it takes a group of pictures in a circle around each spot. Here's a picture of it:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:G...ampton.jpg

Sounds like this guy was just out taking pics.
Zillow.com is a real estate website and they have an amazing amount of information, including pictures, on line for virtually every house in this country. Estimated values, selling price, rental rate and pictures. They also have for sale by owner listings, foreclosure info, and recent sale prices for every house on any block. Useful for house shoppers, but a little creepy for everyone else.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb