Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonlight kite Fly
Hey all you kiteflyers, I'm inviting you to bring out your kites and lights for the next moonlight fly. I know the next really full moon is on 6-30-2007, but it will be just as bright on the Friday before. So let's meet on June 29th Friday for the next night lit kite fly. What say You? Bring plenty lights to hang on the line after dark. Also remember snacks, lights and repellent.
Keep flyin high, Vince

Where will this kitefly be held?

Thanks for asking. We will be at Kahakai park at the end of Kahakai in Hawaiian Beaches where the wind blows fine and we get to see the moon come up over the ocean.
We start about 6 to 6:30. Then when it gets dark we put lights on our kites and watch them dance in the moonlight.

Where do you get kites, what kind of lites and what should I bring if I am able to make it?

Walmarts has a few and they even come with string or there is a store on Kilauea across from the large banyon tree.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a lot of fun.
You don't even have to bring a kite to have a lot of fun...just bring yourself.
Don't forget your glow sticks.
We've been to all the events and we have a great time. Hey.... bring your kids.....

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
This does sound really cool. Every time I see a post about it I think "Man, I gotta do this."
Probably not this time, maybe next. Keep us posted Kite Man!

Perhaps we shouldn't regard Aloha as a requirement of the people of Hawaii and just be grateful when we recieve it?
We went kite flying on Fathers day and it was a really well spent day. I think my 6 year old watches too much tv, she wanted to "kite fight". I asked what that was and she said..."watch..."and she proceeded to crash her "lady bug" kite into my "Pooh Bear" kite and then ..."hooo hooo,,haaa haaaa...giggle giggle..."..."let's try it again"..she squealed. A day well spent....I'll never forget that day and the kites were like $10 at costco. Costco actually had this really cool old style "bi-plane" airplane kite. OHHHHH and I have to mention this part...whenever the girls would max out the kite string,
they would yell "maxedddd outttttt !!!" too cool. The Cylume light sticks are like $2 each and you can "activate" them then cut one open and smear it all over the kite to illuminate the whole kite.
KiteMan,,,I bet you have some serious kind kites not these cheapo ones we have. Still we share your enthusiasm for flying kites.
10-4 I have some awsome kites, but the best kites are homemade or the ones that you get so high in the sky that you can barely see them anymore. Or better than that is watching a kid fly for the first time with a parent. I never thought of smearing the glow on the kite.Hmmmmmm
Let's keep gettin high naturally,
Vince
Let

Has anyone ever tried Glow in the dark paint??? I'm wondering now if there are GID kites already, that just sounds pretty cool.
OH, Before you open the cylume, you may want to check for any warnings (I seem to remember there were, probably also beware of glass...if they still use glass inside....

That paint would probably work much better on home-made kites rather than the ones we pay $50 or better for. It might dry out the nylon. A great material for home-made kites is left-over tyvek used in construction of homes. It has a material quality and is excellent for art surfaces.
Keep it in the air,
Vince