Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
caretaker/property mgmt www.caretaker.reslier.com
Hello, My wife and I are a currently in HI in search of a resident caretaker/property management position. I was wondering if anyone on the forum needs this service or has any leads that would point us in the right direction, such as property management companies etc. We have past experience from complete landscaping, home maintenance, to personal assistance. We have excellent references. Please follow the link to our website to see our resume, bio, pix and references. www.caretaker.reslier.com We can also can be reached on my cell at 718-809-3117 if you would like to meet us in person. Thanks in advance for any info. www.caretaker.reslier.com

Hi Matt, and Puna Web people !!!

I was just alerted by a friend who mentioned to me your solicitation for a cartaker position on this forum. I like your website and bios. You both appear to be real quality people. I hope we can connect while you are on island to discuss the kind of help we are looking for. I think you and your wife would dovetale right into things here.
My partner and I have a small farm near Volcano we have been running with help for many years now. Our current caretaker has saved his money and is moving on to pursue his own dreams such as we did years ago on this lovely island.

In your bio you mentioned you were both devoted Christians and this leads me to my question which I hope you will be able to answer on this forum as it would apply to many other eastside residents who might be considering contacting you as well.

Sometimes being devoted to something comes with ( often hypocritical ) intolerance of another's views and lifestyles. We are all different and special in our way.

Would you have any problem with living and working on property owned by people whose lifestyle and beliefs are not the same as your own ? If not please email me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Isabel.

Hi Isabel,

Thanks for your response and your question.

We posted our religious belief for two reasons. First is because our faith is the central part of our life that shapes who we are today. The second is to be as transparent as possible for those who may consider hiring us in the future. The caretaker position is unique in a way that we are to be entrusted with someone’s property, and so we feel it is important to be open and honest, in hopes that people will get a good idea of who we are before they even decide to meet us. That is the only goal for us, no more, no less.

During the past nine years (since we became believers), we have both worked with and for numerous folks that have had different beliefs and lifestyles. Working in the arts & music field in NYC has led us to become friends with many of those individuals that we continue to maintain friendships with to this day. We may not agree with everything, but that does not keep us from loving them.

I hope that this answers your question.

We would be very interested to hear more about your farm and opportunities.

Sincerely,

Matt and Makiko