Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infant Swimming Lessons?
I was at the warm ponds when my daughter was six months old and this lady taught her how to swim. She's now 2 and looooves the water and can hold her breath and such. Anyway, just had another keiki and need to find a teacher, since I can't remember at all how she did it! Anybody know anybody who does this in the area?

Thanks,

Nama

(in Hilo now, but heart is in Puna already)

Simple Living, High Thinking
I would be very careful about taking an infant into the hot pond these days. The tepid water is comfortable, but a haven for some dangerous bacteria. People with open cuts should stay out as well. The Pahoa Aquatics center is a better environment to learn swimming and has regularly scheduled classes for all ages. (IMHO)

The Y up in Haili has swimming lessons, but I hear the line (to reserve times) are getting longer and longer.

Stan

The Y has infant swimming lessons?

We've taken him in the water at Richardson and he loved it. I may just buy a book and do it myself :-)

Thanks for the replies!
quote:
I would be very careful about taking an infant into the hot pond these days. The tepid water is comfortable, but a haven for some dangerous bacteria. People with open cuts should stay out as well. The Pahoa Aquatics center is a better environment...(IMHO)

I have used the hot ponds for 20 years - this is another sad fact that has happened with the growth of population in Puna!
I think the YWCA in Hilo has infant swim programs.I know they do for toddlers. Give them -the YWCA_a call. The Pahoa pool does not have any special programs for infants to m knowledge.
Bill