Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water pump
Our water pump just started making some crazy grinding noises.
It might be dead or dying.
What is the price range to replace it.
Not sure about the size.
1/2 hp, 3/4 hp, 1hp?
24 vdc?
120vac?
240vac?
On demand?
Pressure tank?

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
The pump brand is Grundfos 1/2 HP.
Fills up a pressure tank.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Grundfos are excellent super quiet pumps. They run about $450.00 at waterworks

Hey our pump did that at one time - we thought the same thing. Turns out we just needed to pull the little cover thingy (sort of where the electronic guts are right on the pump body) and give it a bit of lube. Though, in fact, we were advised to simply tap it lightly at the outset, to see if it would fix it (it did).

Might not be anywhere near what you have going on, but just sayin'. We're still on same pump, 2+ years later.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Thank you everyone for answering.
Grundfos is a good pump usually. Worth having someone look at if beyond you.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Just had my 40-year-old water pump start to screech and crunch a couple months ago. Called Drainpipe and they came same day and installed new Grundfos. Pump and labor came to just under $800. New pump was completely different configuration than the old so required extensive re-plumbing. Pricey, but when you can't do it yourself... New pump is very quiet, didn't realize how noisy the old one had become. Probably worth the $ for the peace of mind.

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
A standard above ground pump replacement is not hard. The labor cost seems high to me. I just had to replace one. It required replumbing it as the dimensions were different. It took me a fair number of hours but I was unprepared with parts and reluctant to buy more than needed so that ate up time (multiple parts trips). I also replaced the tank. I went with one of the new composite tanks so rust should no longer be a problem. It also has a replaceable bladder. The pump could be wired for 120 or 240. I opened mine to find it was pre-wired for 240, which is what I wanted, but you should always check. I also replaced the 30-50 switch with a 40-60 because I like pressure. Make sure your tank and switch are on the same page pressure wise.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.