Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real estate insanity
I am so frustrated. All of the low priced inventory has been bought up. I dont know if I should build or what? Opinions?
Depending on what happens with housing in the next few years, for instance more retirees moving to Puna, or investment by Chinese buyers similar to what happened when Japanese investors bought properties in the early 1990's, prices could take off again. Then anything you buy in 2013 will also look like low priced inventory in comparison. Most of the time, real estate goes up in value over a 10 year period. (Most of the time)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
OH I know. I think we have turned the corner. I am just wondering if you'd make more building, right at the particular point in time... I really hate the idea of building and have to manage all those workmen and all the people potentially cutting corners and stealing from me. I just have anxiety attacks over the entire idea of building. Hence, I may just suck it up and buy.
I finally did buy, don't wait too long.
Yep, I am seriously looking. Cant find anything I like though...
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

OH I know. I think we have turned the corner. I am just wondering if you'd make more building, right at the particular point in time... I really hate the idea of building and have to manage all those workmen and all the people potentially cutting corners and stealing from me. I just have anxiety attacks over the entire idea of building. Hence, I may just suck it up and buy.

I guess if thinking along those lines, just go ahead and buy, being confident all the bad has been done and factored into the price.

But if you really know what you're doing...

Everything has a price. Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

Yep, I am seriously looking. Cant find anything I like though...

Key would be knowing why

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Well, I am really and truly a bargain hunter, so I cant find my bargain now. At least I got my lot at the rock bottem, and I also have a good rental, so I can wait and keep looking. NO one seems to have much advice about building, which leads me to conclude that it must be a hellish process, and people usually dont wish to speak about those.
If you find a good builder then building isn't a problem. Probably cheaper to buy instead of build. What price range are you looking at! Still plenty of houses for sale.
Research stillhope topics here on puna web ?