Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you take your pets...
...down on the beach around Kapoho Bay? I wanted to go exploring with my kids, and I thought I'd take our dog too!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I hope not, but probably can. Other beachgoers may not be as happy as your kids that the dog is there.
I'm pretty sure they aren't "allowed" but I know people who take their dogs there and I've seen plenty of dogs there while snorkeling.
Like in many other places, if your dog is good and doesn't bother people/animals probably no one will say anything.

I don't think there's a restriction, do not recall reading about it on the signs. Plus have seen several of the residents walking their dogs around there. Beware of plenty cats though that your dog might give chase. Plus it pretty rough getting to the tide pools not much place to control the dog if on leash, safely. On the other hand if it's a swimmer, there's plenty enough different pools where yaw'll can play wit it not necessarily disturbing other swimmers.

Be sure to bring snorkels and goggles, plenty fish and coral to admire throughout the different pools. Likely turtles too if you venture closer to the breakers.

If bring dog yaw might want to be careful it does not scratch up the coral within the water too.

Don't forget to bring plastic bags, or whatever, to clean up after your dog, too. An irresponsible owner is one of the reasons why some folks don't like having dogs in certain areas.
Les,

Yep! Don't forget the doggie bags...... Please be responsible and clean up after fido.

Keep the Aloha Going! I for one don't mind dogs as long as they are friendly.