Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other cyber neighborhoods
For people who may be interested there are several other forums and blogs related to Puna and Hawaii, these are just the ones I could come up with off the top of my bookmarks.

Damon Tucker's blog: damontucker.com
Former punaweb member who now has his own blog, good for fresh breaking news.

BIC Tiffany Edwards Hunt's blog: bigislandchronicle.com
Sometimes good for fresh breaking news, but better at in depth stories.

A forum created by people who thought Rob was too heavy handed in his moderating: punaonline.com
Not limited to Hawaii or Puna but mostly local, not many taboos on topics.

Kona based but does have some good info if you are traveling to the Kona side: konaweb.com
Some people complain of a very heavy handed moderation.

I know there are others, but my dinner is ready to take out of the oven so please feel free to add any others.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thanks, Carol. I knew about 2 of these.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
quote:
A forum created by people who thought Rob was too heavy handed in his moderating: punaonline.com Not limited to Hawaii or Puna but mostly local, not many taboos on topics.
A decent place to visit for a while but it soon became apparent that the moderation style there was much more severe than punaweb and even went to the point of having one moderator editing people's posts to make it look as though they wrote something else. Not a place I'd recommend any more which is unfortunate because it used to have some very decent folk there.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

quote:
A forum created by people who thought Rob was too heavy handed in his moderating: punaonline.com Not limited to Hawaii or Puna but mostly local, not many taboos on topics.
A decent place to visit for a while but it soon became apparent that the moderation style there was much more severe than punaweb and even went to the point of having one moderator editing people's posts to make it look as though they wrote something else. Not a place I'd recommend any more which is unfortunate because it used to have some very decent folk there.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/

Absolutely the best "polite" thing one could say about "punaonline"

^^
Holy overquote Batman!
;-)
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile

Holy being the troll you are!!
Using the wayback machine, there was a time when Rob, The Lack, Tiffany, Andrew and Damon were full of aloha for each other. Fast forward to today, and the "community" has descended into island tribal warfare and petty bickering to the death. It is probably a funny story to hear what happened but some of it can be pieced back together with the wayback machine. The good thing is each adds quite a bit to the online community, whatever that is, local or not. Each site is just another facet of the jewel that is Puna.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Ken, Please lighten up on the quoting. Use the reply icon more, the quote icon less. It just makes your posts harder to read.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
http://sensiblesimplicity.lefora.com/

not much going on with this one but has some good info on it nonetheless.
Anybody know of forums on the other islands? With several fora like Punatalk, after moving to Oahu a few months ago I was surprised to find that there don't seem to be any like that here despite the much larger population.