Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hilarious retardville post on CL
Wasnt sure where to post this, because it is building related, but it is so funny, and really does give a very good "feel" for the way it is here. Sorry I cant post a link, but it is from monday on the B.I. And for those of you that wonder why I am up in the middle of the night all the time - Let's just say that the combination of having 2 babies by myself, while in the midst of perimenopause, has pretty much made me not sleep through the night for about 5 yrs now... But at this point, I have quit worrying about it- because really, what is the point? (rhetorical question- and not meant to be answered by any Boomers, hellbent on giving me advice)
Sorry, I should have added, it's under "realestate" on B.I.craigslist. And mahalo to anyone who knows how to post links!
This one?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/reb/3913858206.html
Aloha to a fellow insomniac! I think this link is a joke, but just in case you are serious, then it's not the posting I was speaking of. The posting I am talking about was actually posted by "retardville"! OK, but I actually DID go and see the house that you posted the link to. My unsolicited advice (not terribly welcome) was to put half of that house on craigslist for 10k (you haul) - then, take the 10k and finish off the nicer twobedroom part of the property with hardiplank siding etc- and then try and sell it.
Ah! This one:
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/reo/3968720742.html

(not an insomniac, just coqui intolerant)
Mahalo Paul! Yep, that is the link.
OH MY Goodness! Hilarious!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
probably did belong in the building sec... but I don't see why if you were an owner builder you could build that for 90K or so... That's just a dry in without plumbing and electrical obviously. I wouldn't build it. There are better plans on argus for about the same price as material.

It's obvious that this guy hasn't taken into account of the 30-35% increase in lumber + the fact you got to use outdoor treated wood here that requires even more $$$... But there is no way he's gonna make a profit off of it.
Speaking of sweat equity... did you hear about the family of four in Fern Forest whose house burned down last week? I mean, I feel sorry for the family, I really do... the Red Cross helped them find a place to stay, because they lost everything.

Fire Department said the house was fully engaged in flames when they arrived, and basically there was nothing they could do to save the post and pier house, so it was a total loss. The FD estimated that loss at $10,000.

Sorry, I am a sensitive human being and compassionate and all like that but when I hit that last line I could not help it... I spewed my coffee! [:o)]
Retardville is the handle the guy chose himself. Please read the thread before responding.