Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eyeglasses?
Where do you get eyeglasses made on the East side? I think Sears stopped doing it, and I'm not keen on Wally's. Any good quality options?

thanks
Lee

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
If you have a prescription try Zennioptical.com online. It's worked great for us.

Jay
Jay
Eyewear Hilo, Diann is very helpful.

http://www.eyewearhilo.com/
went Wal Mart ,The doc is not connected to wally's Charge about $90.00 for optical exam
Zennioptical.com WOW!
what great prices. I kept trying to figure out how much the lenses cost, then realized that price was frame AND lenses. WOW!
Glad I already have my Rx, now I just have to figure out size and style and material...
Thanks, Jay!

Ouch, just got to the "recommended options" part. Still a great price.

Lee, I so greatly appreciate being able to buy glasses online now, after 4 decades of having to buy them in Hilo at outrageous prices! I highly recommend www.coastal.com for their styles, their prices (first pair free, sans the prescription), their speed (less than a week each pair I've bought which is 3 in the past 8 months) and their product!

One online company I had a terrible time with was firmoo.com....
I might be missing something, but how do you people who order glasses and frames online get them fitted? I wear spectacles and my eyesight is pretty poor without them but have found the personal touch with getting the frames to fit just right makes a big difference. The prescriptions I've had are for the optics only, so just trying to understand the frames bit.

Genuinely curious. Thanks.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Well, since I've been shopping online glasses, I can now answer that; you start with a pair of glasses you own that fit. Apparently, they usually have measurements listed on them somewhere (my only Rx glasses don't, nor do my dollar-store readers) OR you measure them according to the website's directions. If you don't have glasses that fit, they suggest going into a brick and mortar store and trying on frames until you find one you like, then writing down the measurements.

And make sure your optometrist includes "pupillary distance" (PD) on your prescription, you'll need it to order, and they sometimes leave that off (mine did, I have to call them...)

Oh yuck, they didn't measure PD because the person who fits your glasses does it. They said they'd do it if I just dropped by--but that's clear on the far side of Hilo, 45 minutes from here. This is getting to be a real pain in the wazoo. One of the online sites says you can measure it yourself, but I'd rather have it done professionally since this is my first time.

I, too, thought Zenni Optical was a great idea, until I used them.
The correction was okay, but the frames were inferior and the screws kept coming out and in short order the frames (both pairs) broke. I took them into an opticians to see if they could be fixed and the woman in the shop picked them up by two fingers as if she might become infected with something and said "No chance of fixing these, they are not made to be repaired." Just my experience.
After paying on average 300. per pair of glasses I found I can purchase online and get many pairs for the same dollar amount.
Have not used zennis but have used: 39dollarglasses.com did not like the more expaensive transition lenses from them and we found the one below less expensive with more varitey.

Currently use http://www.prescriptionglassesonline.net/ and have purchased at least ten pair from them, not perfect but at about 20 bucks a pair with shipping they are great for us. Husband,daughter and son get the transition lenses from them as well and have been satisfied.