Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safeway Gas Station?
looks like safeway is putting in a gas station. I wonder if this will have any effect of gas prices on the east side?

I searched the net and couldn't find much. Maybe it's just ho hum another gas station I guess. I wonder where safeway get's it's fuel?

Safeway has an affiliation with Chevron. You get discounts with points on your safeway card(up to .20/gal off). I was told by an employee that the new station is indeed a Chevron station, which is curious because there's already a Chevron on the same block by Walmart.
I guess the only way for sure is either a chevron sign or chevron tanker truck filling the tanks.

However even if safeway purchased gas from Chevron. I think all gas stations on the east side are independently owned and set their own prices. Safeway could price it cheaper than the Chevron a block away like costco does to attract customers. Time will tell.

Unless safeway gas is considerably more cheaper than chevron I doubt I'll be filling my car up at that station.
Well the nice thing about Safeway gas is that you can use your club card. If you shop at Safeway exclusively...you get gas rewards with a maximum 20 cents off per gallon per fillup which is pretty close to what Cosco charges for gas
My family does not shop exclusively at Safeway, but we manage to get the full 20 cent discount every time we fill up. A Safeway employee told Mrs. Chunkster that the station would be branded Safeway, but sell Chevron gas. He didn't know if Safeway would give the same, more, or less discount at their station than the deal currently offered with Chevron. I can't imagine them giving less when there's a Chevron a block away, but they might end the deal with Chevron and make you buy theirs to get the discount. Either way, its a good deal for Safeway and the consumer.
If it works like the Safeway on mainland they will have the same price as the cheapest gasstation in town but you will only get your gas discount there .So will save with your gas reward.

jrw
jrw
When we are in California, we can roll up savings to up to $.90/gal for up to 25 gal. at the safeway station.