Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomb threat to Long's in Pahoa and Keaau
From the Trib"
"The Longs drugstores at Woodlands Center in Pahoa and Keaau Shopping Center both received telephone bomb threats late Friday morning, police said."

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections...-puna.html

The one comment posted was interesting too:
"Wow.........a police station less than a quarter mile from Long's in Pahoa and it takes nine minutes for police to arrive there! Pathetic response time if you ask me!"
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Is any police officer in Pahoa TRAINED to respond to a bomb threat? Any trained dogs available?
Scary stuff for the responding officer if all he has been given is a GPS Device , GLOCK AND citation booklet.
I don't think we have much specialized training here? We seem to have a lot of recruiting maybe for other parts of the state or even other states? Could be a good idea to form another task force of say 12 to 20 for things like this right? Let's see at 55,00 to 60,000 times 15 = Almost an additional million a year for a highly trained bomb squad to eat lunch with the fire department here in Hilo. No thanks I can think of a million better things our county or state should or could spend a million a year on. Clear every body out and let longs blow, then we can build a dog park and homeless shelter. Sorry for the negatives I just rewound Barney for the 18th time.
One time it took the police half an hour to get to that parking lot. Police station there seems to be unmanned as does the greater keaau area.
I just wonder what goes through some peoples heads... Is it really that hard to live as a decent person? I'm not a Christian, but one should alway practice "Do unto others...".
Wow, and here I thought living "out in the country" meant that "things like that" didn't happen.
The golden rule is not only a Christian ideal. Most religions and moral codes teach it.
County probably does overly specialized training for many potential situations, including bombs...

BUT at PTA does have that training... Have no idea if there is a cooperative agreement the facility, but at least we do have some of the best trained on this island & hopefully they would be able to assist if needed.
My guess is that somebody was trying to get out of work, but dialed the wrong number the first time. If it happens again, the managers should make the employees do something worse than whatever it was that they were trying to get out of by calling in the threat, then it will be less likely to reoccur in the future. Standing outside in the sun or rain is usually sufficient.
An example should be made of the person who called in the bomb threat. At least 15 years hard jail time and restitution for whatever business that was lost. And none of that "dime store" bail either, it should be set to at least $1MM.
Unless you want more bomb threats in the future.
Puna: Our roosters crow first