Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Annual Hawai'i Honey Festival!
The Big Island Beekeepers Association and State Dept. of Agriculture are sponsoring the Hawaii Honey Festival at Nani Mau Gardens on Nov. 23. The Festival is really shaping up to be something special! Here's the FANTASTIC musical lineup:
11 a.m. Kunswanana Marimba Ensemble
12 p.m. Cyril Pahinui & Connections Charter School music students
1 p.m. Mary Isis
2 p.m. Tina Garber
3 p.m. Smack Dab
4 p.m. Terrapin Station
There will also be a FREE "People's Choice" Honey Tasting and voting on over 100 special and unique Hawaiian honeys, from Big Island, Oahu, Molokai, Maui and Kauai. Great kids' activities - balloon twisting, face painting, Hiccup Circus, many more; Educational booths - observation beehives, ag education, etc; Vendor booths - honey, plants, crafts; and MUCH MORE!!! Adults only $3, kids under 12 free!
I can't wait!
Add some women's honey wrestling and I'm there
quote:
Originally posted by cconne

The Big Island Beekeepers Association and State Dept. of Agriculture are sponsoring the Hawaii Honey Festival at Nani Mau Gardens on Nov. 23. The Festival is really shaping up to be something special! Here's the FANTASTIC musical lineup:
11 a.m. Kunswanana Marimba Ensemble
12 p.m. Cyril Pahinui & Connections Charter School music students
1 p.m. Mary Isis
2 p.m. Tina Garber
3 p.m. Smack Dab
4 p.m. Terrapin Station
There will also be a FREE "People's Choice" Honey Tasting and voting on over 100 special and unique Hawaiian honeys, from Big Island, Oahu, Molokai, Maui and Kauai. Great kids' activities - balloon twisting, face painting, Hiccup Circus, many more; Educational booths - observation beehives, ag education, etc; Vendor booths - honey, plants, crafts; and MUCH MORE!!! Adults only $3, kids under 12 free!

Thanks for this info.! Does anyone know if Acacia honey is available here on the Islands? Thanks!
Depends on what you mean by 'Acacia'. There is mesquite (keawe) honey available from Kona side. Best to try the honeys available at the Fest and see if you find one or more you like. There was a wide range of honeys at the judging.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP