Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourists please dont come here
http://news.yahoo.com/hawaii-town-state-...MAh47QtDMD

If it isnt fracking its being impacted by outsiders ...... so this is where our electricity is to go?

Reminds me of Maui in 2006 - they were doing so well - had so many guests - the rallying cry from the tourist board was to raise prices so we would have fewer guests spending more cash

then came 2007 - karma sucks......

strikes me as being just a tad elitist
Kailua needs to send a fact finding mission to Puna. Don't like B&Bs? We recommend you fill that lot with 5000 coqui frogs instead. Don't care for that solution? How about 100 roosters, each with his own individual A-frame. And if that doesn't keep the tourist population in check, try putting up a big, bright orange sign on the outskirts of Kailua town:

Coming Soon
Construction of 4 New Roundabouts
January 2014 - June 2018

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Evidently the idea of Aloha has been lost in Kailua. Maybe their residents should move back to the mainland.
Gee, it's just like lower HPP. About half the houses east of Beach are VRBOs!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
VRBOs are awesome! I'm sure every single one is in a fully-permitted finaled building, operating with a Special Use Permit (and proper liability insurance), and they're all sending both their GET and TAT payments to the State... right?
Seen this report on Kailua on the news last night. If we had the beautiful beaches like Kailua we would have the same problem.
Now I'm thinking that with the possibility of SS marriage being fully legalized in Hawaii, with our already permissive attitudes here, that not only tourism will increase and Gay and Lesbian couples will start moving here in numbers causing a population boom in Puna. Thoughts?
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
quote:
but Gay and Lesbian couples will start moving here in numbers causing a population boom
You're vision impaired, right? Someone has to read this to you?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Yes vision impaired without my reading glasses. Thanks for sighting it. No pun intended. Eye corrected it.
I was a Dyslexic child.
I do understand why people who want to live in a non commercial residential neighborhood, and who chose to pay a lot of money to live in a neighborhood that is zoned that way, might not want a little mini Waikiki next door. People on vacation who are paying a small fortune to rent a house have a certain sense of entitlement, they are not always understanding of the fact that the neighbors got no part of that $2500 they paid for their week in paradise, and that the neighbors just want to live their lives and go to work and come home to a peaceful environment.

The fact that the city gives so few legal licenses for vacation accommodations while turning a blind eye to all the violations would drive me a little crazy if I lived there, not that that will ever happen on a Hawaii teacher's salary. My job can be very stressful, I work a lot, I leave for work as early as 6AM some days; when I am home I want peace and quiet with permanent neighbors I can communicate with.

Short term vacationers are like the old saying about Ma Bell, "We don't care because we don't have to!"

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Kailua has been like that for a long time. Anyone who buys into the place should already know it's part of the landscape.
They'r trying to stuff all the worms back into the can after they've crawled out and fattened up.