Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best plan for ski trip?
Has anyone taken a trip with kids to go snowskiing on the mainland? What is the cheapest, closest way to do this? How much did it ultimately cost? Mahalo!
I would chose Schweitzer in Idaho. In February. Shop early for on-line package deals.
Niseko Japan.
If skiing in Canada, be sure you have a clean record, they will turn you back at the border.
quote:
(I'll get back the state and federal taxes since I"m poor)
The poor don't fly multi-thousand miles for family ski vacations. But I assume it's not for you.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
OK, Oink, I'll bite. Perhaps you prefer the term "low income" since I suppose that is more accurate, but whatever.
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! If someone has actually done this with kids and figured out the logistics, then I'm "all ears".
If you have beginner skiers then you may not need to go to one of the higher end ski towns. You can fly to L.A. in the morning and be skiing at Wrightwood at lunch. Most winters they have ski able snow. If you want generally dependable deep snow you have to head for the Sierras. Lake Tahoe is lovely, a few hours drive from SFO. In SoCal you can ski one day and go to the beach the next.

L.A. Skiing:
Mountain High Resort
Wrightwood, CA
www.mthigh.com
(888) 754-7878

Mt Baldy Ski Lifts Inc
www.mtbaldy.com
(909) 982-0800
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
This sounds like the most economical option yet. I did not know about that ski area. Thanks
Personally I prefer the Tahoe basin but I've skied in SoCal. Especially for youngsters it is fine. Lots of young people, skis, snow boards, sleds. Pretty easy to get to and when you leave you will be back to palm trees in about forty minutes. May need chains to get there if it is snowing at the time. Bookmark the sites and snow reports.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator