Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List locally produced gift products here
Please help the Island's economy by supporting local producers. The Maku'u Farmers market is just one venue for local products.

Feel free to list any other artists, growers, shops, or venues that help keep money here in Hawaii.

How unfortunate that "keeping your money here" with some of the best "local producers" constitutes a violation of Federal law.
Did I phrase something wrong? I don't understand how "buying local" violates Federal law.
I think kalakoa is hijacking your topic with a veiled reference to pot.

For my part I always shop local during the holidays. There is some great stuff at the local markets and I enjoy the Bay Front shops too.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I wasn't even thinking about Pakalolo. I mean who buys imported pot here, anyway?

One place that I recommend is "Extreme Exposure" on Haili and Kamehameha at Bayfront. They feature the beautiful artwork of Bruce Omori, and Tom Kuali'i.

Can't go wrong with sending T-shirts or Calendars ... Tho, Everyone really likes a bag of Sharkeys coffee ... Smile
The Volcano Art Studio Tour is a great way to get local art. It is a once a year event and runs today through Sun.

http://volcanogardenarts.com/events.html
Filthy Farmgirl Soaps! Good quality stuff, owned & operated in Puna, and they are great as gifts because of all their different scents and funny labels. They are almost always at Maku'u Market, and sell at island Naturals & Jungle Love.

Island Naturals carries other skin care items that are made locally. Check out the new Localvore Store on Pahoa Main Street too for more skin treats.
Don't forget the Pahao Village Market on Sundays. Lots of local made products - jewelry, Hawaiian potholders, totebags, scarves, orchids, etc. 7am- 2pm every Sunday behind Akebono!

Live Aloha
Live Aloha
The HPP Paradise Studio Tour is also a great place to pick up unique gifts. It'll be held on Saturday and sunday the 7th & 8th of December. For info: www.paradisestudiotour.com

Ten percent of all proceeds are donated to the art departments at the three Puna District High Schools.