Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hawaii county property tax web site
I went to the web site today and it is a total redesign. Took a while to learn to navigate it but it has a lot more data. You can see Bing ariel images, google earth, there are tabs to search for recent sales data in a given region, there is even a function to print mailing labels of the all the property owners in a given region (their mailing address, not physical location). I don't think it gives out any more personal information than the previous edition but its definitely easier to manipulate the data.

hawaiipropertytax.com/
Thanks for the heads up. They've significantly increased the usefulness
of this website by a large margin. It includes aerial views of the properties in question and in depth GIS data.
That is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Very nice upgrades. Unfortunately, the aerial photos are quite dated compared to Google Maps or Bing Maps. You cannot see recent development activity in the aerial photos...but you could use the tax site in conjunction with current aerial photos from Google/Bing.

---
by the way...I am also a Licensed Hawaii Real Estate Salesperson
http://www.RealEstateHawaiiBigIsland.com/
---
I had to use it this week and was pleasantly surprised by the new design.

But I was sitting in Target parking lot waiting for a friend and used my elevation app and it got info from google earth and showed me I was sitting in a vacant lot in the middle of the trees.... their maps must be 2-3 yrs out of date?
The company running the website gets municipalities to both give them the data and pay for the service.

On the other hand, they have to buy the satellite imagery.