Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelle Obama sighting
KHNL is reporting tonite that the President's wife stayed behind to celebrate her 50th birthday on January 17th and is staying with Oprah on Maui. Tell your friends on our neighbor island to keep on the lookout for her.
I thought Oprah had a place on Kauai (or does she have one on every Island?)
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Oprah's main residence in Hawaii is in Kula, Maui. She bought a large ranch on a dead end road, then bought up all of the smaller properties around it. Except one. A couple who grew proteas refused to sell at any price just because they liked it there. Not sure if Oprah could have done anything to privatize a public road if she had bought that last property, but certainly can't while her neighbors still live at the end of it. With Michelle Obama visiting, the police and secret service have closed it for this week.

I used to walk there often, it's a beautiful view overlooking Lanai, West Maui Mountains, Molokini...
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
My Wife says Oprah used to have a place in Hana. I think Carol Burnett had a place on the way to Hana. And, of course, Willie Nelson in Spreklesville (spelling?) near Paia. George Benson in Kaanapali I believe. Those are the ones I know of. I know there are lots more.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP