Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autisum & Aspbergers Parents Group
Aloha..i am the grandmother of an aspbergers child in puna and have been able to find support groups so I am starting my own. If you know of a parent that would like to participate please call me at 808-689-7139. If I get enough kids and parents to join the group we will have meetings and there could be grants up to $1500 for parents who cant afford the DAN doctors..for blood test DAN dr. visits and more information than you can ever find on your own..Please share with your friend...some children just haven't been diagnosed...so help me spread the word that you are not alone in this and help us recover our children. Thanks and pass it on...Aloha Jenny[Smile]

JENNY MANN
JENNY MANN
Thanks for posting!
Hi, a few comments came to mind...

First, in my family there are 5 members over 4 generations who are diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and a couple more who are likely, so I have more than a little experience with this topic.

For starters, notice that you are misspelling the word, and probably mispronouncing it too. The correct pronunciation sounds like ass purge er, not ass burger.

The second thing to know is that legitimate Asperger's is not determined by a blood test, but by psychological tests and behavioral profiles. If anyone tells you that your grandchild can be diagnosed for Aspergers or autism with a blood test, run, do not walk to the nearest exit as fast as you can. That is a quack who only wants to take your money.

And DAN doctors are perennially high on the quack list. There's no credible evidence that the one-day training doctors go through to call themselves a DAN doctor... get that, one day worth of training!!... is worth even a minute of your time.

I have a lot of compassion for people dealing with any kind of autism, but I also know how tempting it is for those people to grasp at any source of hope, no matter how nebulous or far fetched it may be, which is why they are subject to so many scams and quacks and various schemes to rid them of their money.

I recommend you seek out a good psychologist with autism experience, and follow their recommendations.

Good luck.