Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current options for junk car removal
There is a disabled vehilcle on my property that I would like to have removed. It belongs to a person who used to live on our property. Do I have a legal obligation to contact this person and request he remove it?

The last time I spoke to the owner of the vehicle was Oct 2013. He stated he knew someone who would tow it for salvage. Obviously that hasn't happened and it's now impeding the start of another project.

Does anyone know of a free service that tows junk cars away? My husband seems to think there is one.

Thanks, Susan[Smile]
Most states have a process to reclaim the title of a vehicle which has been abandoned on your property.

Alternate plan: push it out into the road and report it as "abandoned", let your tax dollars do the work -- assuming the road in front of your house is "public", of course.
check the newspaper classified section; there's a company that advertises free hauling of cars (and appliances, I think). JN something I think.

They should be able to tell you what's needed with the title.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Friend had to have a vehicle towed last fall, no title & missing a wheel,was not Kens, but they told her who to call, I think that it was Junk Yard Dogs in Hilo, but not positive, anyhow, the guys that did the tow were prompt and really nice. She did have a clear path to the car, pretty sure that was needed to tow it...
Thanks for your advice everyone. I thought about just pulling it outside the gate. My neighbors,few that there are,would probably be unhappy.
http://junkyarddogstowinghiloandkona.com/ they are islandwide

Ad in local paper Junk Yard Dogs Towing
595 Kalanianaole Ave Hilo free towing of unwanted vehicles. 987-6099

There are other free hauling of junk car ads in paper, can post if JYD doesn't work out.
Awesone hikatz thank you!
quote:
Originally posted by Susan

Thanks for your advice everyone. I thought about just pulling it outside the gate. My neighbors,few that there are,would probably be unhappy.

Thank you for not only considering your neighbors, but for not violating the law. To dump a vehicle on a county, state or private road (that is not yours), is illegal.
quote:
Thank you for not only considering your neighbors, but for not violating the law. To dump a vehicle on a county, state or private road (that is not yours), is illegal.

What if the vehicle is dumped on property that is neither County nor State nor private?

Such places do exist, and I've seen plenty of dumping; HPD does nothing.
Dumping does happen and happen often... Some of the long time posters here remember me talking about the 17 cars and trucks found on my 1 acre! Plus all the other scrap I found...

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani