Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me this isn't so (Hawaii "freedom ranking")
http://freedominthe50states.org/overall/...2932072916

Someone showed me this website and while I knew some it was true, wasn't quite expecting it to be that bad. I do agree with the comments about reigning in some spending (personnel), but all I thought was wow.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
[edit]
Washington Post columnist Al Kamen has described Mercatus as a "staunchly anti-regulatory center funded largely by Koch Industries Inc."[3] Rob Stein, the Democratic strategist, has called it "ground zero for deregulation policy in Washington.”[2] The Wall Street Journal has called the Mercatus Center "the most important think tank you've never heard of."[2]

Koch-style conservatives. Who cares what the hell they think?
quote:
Koch-style conservatives. Who cares what the hell they think?

Any politician who needs campaign funds?

"I'll believe that for a dollar."
It seemed like there was a slant to it
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If you read the article, it sounds like it scores low in "freedom for corporations" instead of "freedom for people"

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
But corporations are people! Wink
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
HILO--A member of the The Hawaii Cannabis (THC) Ministry in Hilo has filed a writ of habeas corpus on behalf of his pastor, Rev. Roger Christie, who has been held by the federal government as a pre-trial detainee for over 3 years.

3 Years??!!

No bail??!!

No trial??!!

It's a crime. Yeah, somebody IN the government has committed a crime against Roger Christie.

Maybe things like this are the reason Hawaii is 47th. Don't know.
Roger's arrest and incarceration had and have nothing to do with Hawaii. Feds came from the mainland to serve the arrest warrant. Totally federal, not state charges.
I'm sure that the feds were brought in by HPD because people in Hilo town were complaining about the unsavory elements associated with the THC-Ministry, and I also witnessed this situation. Seeing some scumbags hanging around the area trying to sell their stuff, etc.
The "Sanctuary" was too close to the charter school.

That said, I disagree with the condemnation of such a good guy as Roger, as if he's ever been an actual "threat to the community."
I know Roger personally, for years...

This is not the America I swore an oath to defend...

As for any partisan BS, we could go all day on that one, as it has taken both political parties, working together (or not), to bring us to the current juncture.

Now that I've read the linked page, I have to dispel the high taxes bit, as Hawai'i has one of the lowest property taxes of the 50 states.
"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
I read the article. Their "idea" of freedom is pretty restricted to big business getting richer. That's it. When you hear "tort reform," you know WHO they really are. And as George Carlin said, "they ain't on YOUR side."

"Fracking and fracking chemicals making you and your family sick? Well, too bad for you. We got tort reform now and you are just going to have to be sick and like it."

Progressive Pete Seeger spoke about real freedom in 1955 in front of the House UnAmerican Activities committee: “I am not going to answer any questions as to my association, my philosophical or religious beliefs or my political beliefs, or how I voted in any election, or any of these private affairs. I think these are very improper questions for any American to be asked, especially under such compulsion as this.”