Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more tobacco sales at Longs
CVS/Longs will stop selling tobacco soon. Hopefully just the first of many!

Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Perhaps Long's can cheat on their property taxes to make up the shortfall.
Kalakoa,

Can you explain your compulsion to make snide remarks on just about any unrelated topic?

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Why are they not selling tobacco anymore?

Why hopefully D2K?

quote:
Can you explain your compulsion to make snide remarks on just about any unrelated topic?

It's my job, and I'm perfectly willing to resign if someone can do better.

On-topic? Apparently CVS is betting they can ride the wave of anti-tobacco sentiment, and reap the marketing rewards from being first to do so. Either that or they plan to go into the medical marijuana dispensary business. Note they're still selling alcohol.
There is a wave of anti- tobacco sentiment ?

I get puffs of smoke in the face everywhere I go even the University.
The parent company,CVS,decided to quit selling tobacco!

"This is the right thing to do."

"CVS/pharmacy will stop selling cigarettes and all tobacco products at its more than 7,600 stores nationwide by October 1, 2014

Ending the sale of cigarettes and tobacco products at CVS/pharmacy is simply the right thing to do for the good of our customers and our company. The sale of tobacco products is inconsistent with our purpose – helping people on their path to better health.

As the delivery of health care evolves with an emphasis on better health outcomes, reducing chronic disease and controlling costs, CVS Caremark is playing an expanded role through our 26,000 pharmacists and nurse practitioners. By removing tobacco products from our retail shelves, we will better serve our patients, clients and health care providers while positioning CVS Caremark for future growth as a health care company. Cigarettes and tobacco products have no place in a setting where health care is delivered. This is the right thing to do."
Thanks Obie.
I used to smoke when I was a dumb kid. Now I'm dumb and 60. But, even putting aside the health problems associated with smoking, I don't know how anyone can afford to smoke these days. I remember when you could buy a pack for .25 cents. The other day in Hilo I saw a guy buy one smoke from a stranger for $1.00. According to an internet source, a pack of cigarettes in Hawaii is $9.68, third highest state in the US.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Great... Good for them. Maybe other stores can follow suit.

I can't believe the university and community college allow so many people to smoke on campus. I think they should get their funding cut by allowing kids to smoke anywhere they want. I often see them smoking right under the no smoking signs.