Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air fares
Airfares refuse to drop from ITO - rates staying in the mid 700's .... anyone find any deals (except allegiant) to the mainland?
I agree. Nothing is happening right now with regard to a fare war. Hawaiian, United and Alaska airfares are all pretty close to the same price. Everything is really high priced. I'm waiting also until the fares come down...or I just won't travel until they do.
If you are a member Hawaiian airlines has monthly specials on mainland trips, not sure it's a good deal as you still have to leave from Maui or Honolulu.

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/specialoffers/pages/feb-memories-hawaii.aspx?LID=154363_3cBDYCTA&HACMP=EMMP_FARE_20140219_HA-Fare_HI_Fares-Starting-From-XXX-Mainland-Escapes&RID=308751842&MID=154363
The tickets that I recently purchased for my wife and me were $605.80. That's round-trip SEA-HNL-ITO via HA.
Suggestions:
1. Try to travel Monday-Thursday. Friday and weekend flights tend to be a bit higher.
2. Sign up for email fare alerts and special deals with your favorite airline(s).
3. When you see a fantastic fare being offered, don't hesitate to book your reservations.
4. Finally, make your wishes known to your favorite airline(s), especially new or increased service into ITO. Don't be shy about sending a positive, encouraging note. It may take a few weeks, but you will receive a response.
FWIW, the days of the insane fare wars are probably gone for good. Airlines are retiring "old birds" every month and cutting service (cities, frequency, etc.). If you haven't flown in awhile, planes usually fly with no more than a handful of empty seats, if that.

Todd
Todd
Try looking at ita software by google found a good one way ticket to denver from hilo on here for $350.00

jrw
jrw
Flights from Kona are always cheaper in my experience.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
If you are flying beyond HNL try from HNL to your destination and then add on a RT ITO to HNL. It is almost always much cheaper especially if you are going to Europe or S/Central America or Asia.
Yeah I saw some 209 fairs to pdx from hnl I think it was much cheaper to just add 80 bucks for another ticker from ito to hnl. Plus if you have friends/family you could visit hnl for a few days before heading out to mainland.

that would be about 600. Decent but not a hot deal.
quote:
Originally posted by Amrita

If you are flying beyond HNL try from HNL to your destination and then add on a RT ITO to HNL. It is almost always much cheaper especially if you are going to Europe or S/Central America or Asia.

Not always on mainland flights. My neighbor just bought a ticket from Hilo to Dallas on American's web site for $150 less than than the same HNL-DFW without the ITO-HNL segment. Go figure. They're eating the code share cost on HA AND offering a lower fare on the exact same non-stops to DFW. I didn't believe him and checked myself!

You get 35,000 free miles when you use it to spend $1000 during the first 90 days you have the card.

That's enough for a round trip ticket ITO to LAX if you fly off hours mid week.

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/01/barclayc...-up-bonus/

-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".