Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathematics at Luquins
W e've eaten at Luquins 2 times in the last month & both times they added up our tickets wrong - each time, more than a few dollars in their favor; not sure if this was an accident or on purpose?! So...check your ticket before you pay!
or just skip this sad excuse for a restaurant all together...
I refuse to go there anymore. Their food is okay but you might get yours 15 minutes later than the other people in your party. Or they might just ignore you altogether. I waited 25 minutes there one time and there were only 5 or 6 tables going. I just wrote them off.
quote:
Originally posted by descodave

W e've eaten at Luquins 2 times in the last month & both times they added up our tickets wrong - each time, more than a few dollars in their favor; not sure if this was an accident or on purpose?! So...check your ticket before you pay!

It's a busy place.I had that happen once at Luquin's and I have had that happen at 4 star restaurants too !

That's why they give you time to check the tab !!!
My husband & I also had dinner there, in fact, we were dining with Descodave & his wife, and our tab was also added up about $3 more than it was supposed to be. I don't think we'll be going there anymore for awhile.

Even though we like their food for the most part, having this happen to both parties at the same time raised a little more than just coincidence in our minds, and just spoiled it for all of us.

Dee
Could be the servers making a few extra dollars ?
Could be the waitperson is not good at arithmetic? Busy, rushed, no calculator? Just sayin'
I would put zero tip as they seem to have included it![Smile]
They would be more likely coming up short every time if it was a case of Pahoa's edumacation. For them to be ringing folks up over consistently, shows more about their hiring process (It's who you know). The food is over priced, the portions are under sized, the kitchen is filthy from the floors to the molded ceiling. I loved this restaurant ten years ago, Now with kids I don't find it enjoyable or safe for them. The bar seems to bring in a crowd of shady folks that I don't like letting my kids even go to the bathroom alone. If I liked cocaine and tequila that would be my hangout.
But mikewj, THAT would be assuming the best, and only Rob does that here. Wink Although admittedly...consistently charging folks $3 more is a very fortuitous way to be bad at math!

It's been years since I've eaten at Luquin's. Back then their food was mediocre at best, and the service was terrible, mostly because they seemed to be shorthanded.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius