Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you miss the most?
This is a question for transplants,

When you moved to the Big Island, What did you miss the most when you first moved/arrived?
[8]
Efficient, well managed government services would be #1 for me. I was blessed to have lived in an area of the mainland which had low taxes, good roads,schools and libraries, and police who actually came every time they were called for whatever reason.
Usable internet access.
Huge tasty burritos for only $4 at a hole in the wall burrito and torta place that used to be around the corner from my house. Also having multiple options for a really good breakfast out.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
my bi annual in and out burger - animal style

almost worth the airfare
I miss everything that isn't good for me: Chicago-style hotdogs, deep dish pizza, gyros, Italian sausage, not to mention half-pound burgers smothered in mounds of fresh Wisconsin cheese. Even without those temptations, Hawaii works fine for me. Wink

Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
To follow a fellow midwestern, great corned beef (in March, esp!), Italian beef sandwiches, many different types of real ethnic foods & Caputos Produce....man, do miss that...
(OK, coming from around Chitown; gov here is pretty mild, weather is mild, traffic is tame, internet, electric & cell service is better.... just the FOOD! )
Logic and Reason
Mountain Bluebirds

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
The change of the seasons