Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mufi Hannemann Running for Governor
FYI: (*Snipped - More at link)

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25330...-hannemann

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
Former Honolulu mayor Mufi Hannemann will run for governor as an independent in 2014, Hannemann revealed in a live interview Thursday morning on Hawaii News Now Sunrise.

"I'm very pleased to annopunce my candidacy today as a member of the Hawaii Independent Party," Hannemann told Hawaii News Now. "We plan to offer the voters a clear alternative to improve the state of Hawaii."

In making the announcement, Hannemann joins an already crowded race for the office currently held by Gov. Neil Abercrombie, one that will also feature State Senator David Ige and, should he formally declare his candidacy, former state Lieutenant Governor Duke Aiona.

Hanneman's announcement brings an end to months of speculation, most of which began after Hannemann said he would consider running if the Hawaii Independent Party was certified by the state.
Some people just can't take a hint...
Yeah, this guy just won't go away, will he?
If (when) he loses this one, it will be 3 big strikeouts. Then even he will realize he's toast.
Politics as usual " The spoiler"
Remember Frank Fasi and the " Best Party" formed to undercut Linda Lingle?

Any guesses on who he is working for.
Interesting scuttlebutt I heard this afternoon....reportedly, Mufi asked Billy Kenoi to run as his lt. gov. Billy's alleged response? "Are you kidding me? Didn't you read the results of your last two elections?"

In his last election, Mufi got the fewest votes in his own district! Shades of when he last ran for a Big Island post....
Update: The Superferry is Mufi's goal, and running with him is a veteran, Les Chang:

(*Snipped - More at link)

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25686965/hannemann-says-if-elected-will-try-to-restore-superferry?utm_content=buffer73a2f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
Former Honolulu mayor Mufi Hannemann says, if elected as Governor, one of his top priorities in office will be to restore the Superferry.

"One of the things that I'd like to look into from day one, we want to work to restore the Superferry.

(*Snipped) I really believe that process is needed to restore that Superferry and I want to work hard at that. If we do that -- neighbor islands benefit, O'ahu benefits," said Hannemann, who announced his candidacy for Governor weeks ago, but didn't officially file his paperwork until Tuesday's deadline.

Hannemann made the remarks alongside his running mate pick, his former Parks and Rec Director Les Chang. Both are running uncontested on the Independent party ticket.

Hannemann says Chang, who served 30 years in the Air Force, was a vital part of his ability to leave Honolulu Hale better than he found it.

"It was a no brainer in many ways for me to ask him again to step up to the plate and be my running mate in this election," said Hannemann, who went on to compare his run to the Superferry.
If you are a Republican, why don't you have the courage of your convictions and just say that? He is not an independent.