Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When are the votes getting counted for Orchidland?
Have not heard anything. Anyone have any info? Thanks
I wasn't able to attend the meeting Saturday, but apparently the "no" votes on all of the proposed increases carried the day, so the road fee will revert to $85. This is clearly not enough to maintain the roads, so unless a new increase is passed, roads will deteriorate at an even faster clip. Some Board members now think going into receivership is an inevitable outcome.
Privately-owned public roads are the most awesome thing ever. Hawaii is obviously a very special place to have invented this unique public-private partnership which provides such great benefit to the people. I am both proud and honored to be able to participate in this wonderful arrangement. Yay team!
nothing a four inch lift and good shocks wont solve - I like the firestone destination at for mud and gravel. Good bite - low road noise hard-ish rubber compound.
a receivership will further deplete the coffers. It never fails. A receiver pays himself first and does nothing...typically.
Just a point of fact, Hawaii is not the only place where there are private homeowner association maintained roads, many states in the mainland have them. Though most likely tongue in cheek, this also may mislead some to believe this is only here! "Hawaii is obviously a very special place to have invented this unique public-private partnership" They were very prevalent in the colonial times...

Though a few, like here, may be into gated communities, most are the same as here, subpar roads that no municipality will take on until they meet/exceed the public municipality standards...

and some associations work well (here and mainland), yet it is totally up to every member to make the association work... and most do not work as well as they could, because most do not have enough member that want to make the effort.
I belong in one in NM and most everyone pays their dues, and the roads are regularly maintained. It's too bad, if the vote in Orchidland turned out this way.
Hawaii is not the only place where there are private homeowner association maintained roads

It's different when there are thousands of homeowners in the association.
WE have thousands upon thousands of owners there also. Huge Ranch that got divided up. That's why my land is only worth less than 1,000 per acre- which BTW I would like to sell, so let me know if anyone is interested. I'm actually making money in Hawaii, but have lost money in NM. Same kind of development.
Was this NM subdivision given a free pass to violate the law when they created their network of privately owned roads?