Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres Roads
Does any one here know why Hawaiian Acres roads are in such disrepair.
Road 1 in particular.
Huge pot holes and new ones with every rain.
Calls to their community center go un answered .
No one in their office any more.
I fear the school buses will soon stop their access on Rd 1 as it is a very dangerous situation.
In past years,the holes were repaired quickly,now it has been more than 3 - 4 months and nothing is being done.
Private property + no mandatory road fees = Hawaiian Acres "Roads".

A lot of people like it that way.
Money and politics.
If you live in the Acres, pay your road fees and attend HARC (road corporation) meetings.
I agree about Road 1; I feel safer driving the unpaved end than the paved end!

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
No soil = choke traction

Rd 1 is perfect and as it should be! it has 1 large pothole 3/4 of the way into the first mile, and 1 small one on the turn coming in off SoKalani. NOT hard to remember and avoid when driving 15 MPH

many here (me included) want the roads as they are, we dont need our pets and keiki hit by cars flying by like in the paved subdivisions...
plus many dont want to pay (extra) $$ out of our pockets for a road to be repaired that we may not even drive daily....
as far as I see our road fees dont go towards work on the Number roads (ie they dont work on road 2-7, 9-11)... they only work on 1 (potholes and paving the low spot) and the up and down A-G if that, that Ive seen...

I live on Rd 2 and its a 3-5 mph road at best and perfect Smile

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Its NOT extremely dangerous LOL Smile and a kid wont be killed or maimed on a school bus driving through a 2' wide pothole at 18 MPH (I do it every day for fun)

the main pothole has been there a month,,, not 3-4 months no needed for exaggerate and its been like this for 50+ years (unmaintained roads), its part of the design.. and the school BUS will always drive it, and its not dangerous unless you are fly at 40+ MPH and playing on your cell phone/texting and not paying attention.

OK,
I rarely drive past C on 1, so I dont know what the road is like past C ... but it would have far less traffic so far less wear ?? ... I will check it out it next time I go out..
aloha

Mimosa,

Maybe time to volunteer ?

aloha,
pog

4D
Mahalo Bananahead 2

aloha,
pog